• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Guys with pointy shoes .. (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
AntiHyper said:
they look normal, but don't they sorta constrict your toes a bit?

i guess you could always buy one a size bigger so you have a gap on the end.
Yup, that's the way it's done! :D Normally only a half size though. If you have naturally tapered feet them it doesn't matter.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Those shoes arnt pointy, they are however OVER metro.

My personal preference is towards quite blunt shoes because I have wide feet that just end rather than taper off.

HSC
Fine for formal wear, but I've got to wonder at the wisdom or style involved in wearing them with a pair of jeans.

Then again, if you're a trendy with $300 jeans or something ridiculous, I'm sure they flesh out the braindead trendy look wonderfully, so enjoy.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I would say his pointy shoes are un-formal and not suited for anything formal.

Also seeing as he bagged on us older members for still being around it is pertinent to point out the incongruity of a ~18 year old playing dress ups and making like he's a ~25year old metro young professional....

HSC
loquasagacious said:
Ahah, point taken. I assumed I knew which pointy shoes we were talking about. Looking at that picture though, wow, wtf, I didn't even know they made pointed shoes in anything but a formal style :S Why anyone would wear those at all is beyond me, I find them more than a little ugly! :)

loquasagacious said:
Also seeing as he bagged on us older members for still being around it is pertinent to point out the incongruity of a ~18 year old playing dress ups and making like he's a ~25year old metro young professional....
Flawless victory!

aek

Banned
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Ahah, point taken. I assumed I knew which pointy shoes we were talking about. Looking at that picture though, wow, wtf, I didn't even know they made pointed shoes in anything but a formal style :S Why anyone would wear those at all is beyond me, I find them more than a little ugly! :)
Hate to break it out to you buddy but you are highly ill-fashioned so there was no need for you to comment on this post as your opinion is highy irrelevant. But then again, thanks for trying to prove a point.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
aek said:
Now these are hot with some ripped up jeans.
those arent pointy, they're gay

edit:

yucky yucky yucky

and again *shudders* these're marc's too :(

Last edited:

aek

Banned
HSC
loquasagacious said:

I may be interested in how i look and all, but i must repeat myself again .. you are still posting and im guessing you are around the age of 20? See the difference between you and me is .. i'm living beyond my age, you on the other hand, are living below your age. Two words for you .. grow up!

katy-g

HSC
ZOMG, they're pretty ugly...

But then again, honestly... as a chick, i never seem to note the type of shoes guys are wearing... Am i the only one who doesnt?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
katy-g said:
ZOMG, they're pretty ugly...

But then again, honestly... as a chick, i never seem to note the type of shoes guys are wearing... Am i the only one who doesnt?
guys i hang out with dont wear any interesting/note-worthy footwear. i also dont give a crap what's on their feet - as long as its comfy, who cares?

katy-g

HSC
alby said:
guys i hang out with dont wear any interesting/note-worthy footwear. i also dont give a crap what's on their feet - as long as its comfy, who cares?
Totally.

But i find i look at shoes on females more often then not.

Just not males.

Strange.

HSC
aek said:
Hate to break it out to you buddy but you are highly ill-fashioned so there was no need for you to comment on this post as your opinion is highy irrelevant. But then again, thanks for trying to prove a point.
Hate to break it to you, buddy, but you can shove your little pointy elf shoe faggotry. Fashion (where I'm seeing things from) has nothing to do with dressing up like a lost little leprechaun, and while what you're doing must be very popular in your trendy circles, I don't really see how this somehow dictates the final word in fashion for everyone.

If you want to dress like that, fine by me sonny, but don't try to tell me I have no taste because I think you dress like a retarded muppet. I have an opinion and tend to express it at will, and if we're in a thread discussing your cute little shoes, I find my opinion to be quite relevant, moreso because you requested opinions. If you don't like it, don't ask. Failing that, next time you ask for an opinion on your dandy little shoes, perhaps you could add a note that you'd only like to hear opinions from people who agree with you.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
aek said:
I may be interested in how i look and all, but i must repeat myself again .. you are still posting and im guessing you are around the age of 20? See the difference between you and me is .. i'm living beyond my age, you on the other hand, are living below your age. Two words for you .. grow up!
Denial much?

Living beyond your age? What are you? Living in the renaissance?

Always

HSC
aek said:
So what do you guys think of guys wearing formal shoes that are pointy with jeans. I myself find it very fashionable and up-2-date but my girlfriend and a few others regard it as a bit gay and unfashionable. I'm kind of confused if im actually unfashionable or am i around people who just don't understand. Send your opinion people.
One thing a man needs to learn is to always listen to his girlfriend/wife when it comes to dressing himself.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I personally think they just don't go with guys, it really does seem to make men look "uber metro". If you're into them, then I guess there's nothing stopping you from wearing them.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
katy-g said:
Totally.

But i find i look at shoes on females more often then not.

Just not males.

Strange.
some people might reckon i look down a lot, but shoes is not one thing i take much notice of when my eyes are down there :p
shoes are shoes..meh. if they're comfy, then who cares...well within reason of course.
ogmzergrush said:
Hate to break it to you, buddy, but you can shove your little pointy elf shoe faggotry. Fashion (where I'm seeing things from) has nothing to do with dressing up like a lost little leprechaun, and while what you're doing must be very popular in your trendy circles, I don't really see how this somehow dictates the final word in fashion for everyone.

If you want to dress like that, fine by me sonny, but don't try to tell me I have no taste because I think you dress like a retarded muppet. I have an opinion and tend to express it at will, and if we're in a thread discussing your cute little shoes, I find my opinion to be quite relevant, moreso because you requested opinions. If you don't like it, don't ask. Failing that, next time you ask for an opinion on your dandy little shoes, perhaps you could add a note that you'd only like to hear opinions from people who agree with you.
owch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)