Gwen Harwood study help! (1 Viewer)

Rfelt110191

HSC
Kk so we're doing the Gwen Harwood critical study module at school and r gonna start writing essays and having assessments soon... Does ne1 know how to go about studying for an essay based assessment task? Like should I cover all poems? How many quotes? Should I study readings and then base the quotes I find on them? How many readings should I cover? Also I've been told its a good idea to quote critical responses by sorta acclaimed scholars and I'm sorta reading through various essays and articles to find these but its hard to know what to look for... like should the quotes be in depth and directed at one particular aspect of a poem or should they reference Gwen Harwood's poetry in general? Plz HELP!!! :confused:

.M.L.T.

HSC
Okay so to study the best way is to write essays. That seems pretty self explanatory. You can be tested on any of the poems and it CAN specify (ie. Justify that Gwen Harwood's poetry is worth studying with reference to The Glass-Jar [in more englishy terms]) You will need to know quotes and ways of reading (like feminist)

You need at least one quote for each point you're going to make. You need to be able to prove that what your saying is true for the poem. For poems you should know at least two in depth but still you should know all of them pretty well. As for critics get a few quotes and make them general so that you can apply them wherever you need to.

Readings study first and then connect your quotes but i think you should still be able to know quotes without your readings too. If they ask for a transcript you will talk about readings but you still might like some extras.

At least THREE poems and at least TWO readings is what my teacher says but everyone else seems to say TWO poems. up to you

good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)