H&M 50th Gate (1 Viewer)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Can anyone ellaborate on how to structure an essay for this particular topic. I mean, is it prescribed text, then related text, another related text, then second idea - prescribed text, etc...

I've looked at past essays varying in standard, but there seems to be some inconsistency with regards to this.

Thanks in advance.

HSC
worst text imaginable

----

keep your structure simple, i.e. start with prescribed then continue. it's all about trying to make your essay coherent and consistent (sort of the crux of the module, but anyways), so if you feel your related text fits well with the thesis of the paragraph above it (whether it be related/ prescribed) then put it in.

you'll know if you're essay sounds right upon reading it aloud.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
worst text imaginable

----

keep your structure simple, i.e. start with prescribed then continue. it's all about trying to make your essay coherent and consistent (sort of the crux of the module, but anyways), so if you feel your related text fits well with the thesis of the paragraph above it (whether it be related/ prescribed) then put it in.

you'll know if you're essay sounds right upon reading it aloud.

So if it says explore with 2 related texts. I do not have to necessarily use 2 for every idea (im doing 2 ideas per essay), i could use one related text for one idea, and the other related for the next.

bigbirdbanana

HSC
I was having a lot of trouble with this too, but we were given a sample full mark essay from last year in class. It used two related texts and explored the emphasis or power of history: prescribed, then related text 1. Then it did the same with memory: prescribed, then related text two. (Total of four body paragraphs)

If you were only using one related text (which I plan on doing if possible) you could simply explore:
History - Prescribed, Related
Memory - Prescribed, Related

Hope this helped!

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I was having a lot of trouble with this too, but we were given a sample full mark essay from last year in class. It used two related texts and explored the emphasis or power of history: prescribed, then related text 1. Then it did the same with memory: prescribed, then related text two. (Total of four body paragraphs)

If you were only using one related text (which I plan on doing if possible) you could simply explore:
History - Prescribed, Related
Memory - Prescribed, Related

Hope this helped!
That's fantastic mate, yeah that really clears things up. So just to clarify. If it states 2 related texts, i don't neccessarily have to write two RT's for every idea. I could instead, just do one related text for one idea, and the second related text on the other idea. Obviously, assuming they fit.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
with this module it is best to prescribed first and then related. Doing the alternate method, make the argument seem messy!

daniellelamborn

HSC
History and memory has me pinned. Any insightful/creative thesis ideas anyone ? I totally feel as though everyone in my cohort had the same line of arguement..

miss study

HSC
can you also structure your essay as:
idea one- prescribed, related 1, related 2
idea two- prescribed, related 1, related 2
and so on..

miss study

HSC
I'd imagine analysis would be very shallow since so much to talk about for all texts
hmm, it would be wouldn't it?
i gotta get my head around choosing a certain structure... :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)