hacker (1 Viewer)

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
hey all, i was just stuffing around on my comp with msn 7.0 running when a friend of mine started blurting random insults at me. i thought fine i'll block him. so it's all dandy until another of my friends logs in and starts doing the same thing. i blocked her and then the same thing happens again. by this time i've realised that every time this happens, the font and display picture of the friend is set to defaults (ie one of the default pics and black ms sans serif). i ask them who it is and he/she says i'm a hacker. at this i immediately logged out of messenger. a couple of questions on this: 1) how is this person doing it, and 2) can i get rid of them?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
bloodysunday said:
hey all, i was just stuffing around on my comp with msn 7.0 running when a friend of mine started blurting random insults at me. i thought fine i'll block him. so it's all dandy until another of my friends logs in and starts doing the same thing. i blocked her and then the same thing happens again. by this time i've realised that every time this happens, the font and display picture of the friend is set to defaults (ie one of the default pics and black ms sans serif). i ask them who it is and he/she says i'm a hacker. at this i immediately logged out of messenger. a couple of questions on this: 1) how is this person doing it, and 2) can i get rid of them?
Do a virus scan and/or reinstall it.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Were all the messages the same ?

That is, were all the people saying the same thing?

On IRC, I'd call that a botnet, but I've never heard of MSN users being hijacked.

Although perhaps not, the most plausible explanation that comes to find is that the people may have wanted to stage this. Do you know them well? And were all the people who had been 'hacked' random? Or friends of each other?

\edit\ haha jumb, reinstalling isn't always the first course of action :p

Last edited:

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
the messages were all different. the person was trying to impersonate whoever it was also in one case, then started blurting insults again. and these people are all close friends of mine and of each other, but 2 of them i know are working at the moment.

edit: doing a virus scan now, thanks for the suggestion jumb.

Last edited:

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
i've just tentatively signed into messenger. there's no sign of the hacker so far, so im guessing it was just a one off thing. i think the reason for them knowing my address was probably because i put my addy in a profile for an internet game i play, which i have since removed.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
MedNez said:
\edit\ haha jumb, reinstalling isn't always the first course of action :p
Kill now, think later.

doe

HSC
N/A
dont use msn

:D

[edit] a more serious answer is to do the av thing and check windows update for any updates to msn.

Last edited:

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
well if your using XP pretty much anyone can come along and click SIGN IN and will sign in their account.

Could be their bro or sis.

But I've heard it's pretty hard hacking into ppl's account in Hotmail.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
its prob a group of friends at somesones house who has many computers and they are all just logging onmsn to insult u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)