haha you guys have to do compulsory Hist/Geo (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i was in the first year that made geography/history compulsory, but i am so happy that i finished that shit. do u guys suffer? i use to hate geo. i got band 3 for School Certificate for geo. history wasnt that bad but still.

btw i am in uni now

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
History was my worst subject other than English. Geography was easy, just managed to scrape into band 6 for it. Anyway it wasn't too bad, you get to know a bit more about Australia's history and geography.

The Board of Studies keep introducing new subjects to be tested for the School Certificate ever since. Next year, there's going to be a compulsory Computing Skills test but no compulsory Computing skills course. Thank god I don't have to take that Computing Skills test, despite the fact that its probably easy anyway. That would mean a third day of external examinations. The Computing Skills test is there, just for the sake of the indicating that you know how to use a computer!

What will the BOS make as a compulsory School Certificate examination next?PD/H/PE? lol that seems like a likely choice since so many people seem to be unhealthy or unaware of health problems these days! Imagine that, a PD/H/PE SCT for the sake of indicating that you know the benefits of good health, for the workplace! lol

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
when i did geo, i didnt like it, cuase we learnt stuff i thought was irrelevant and useless. and the SC exam had stuff that we never even learn, eg using maps to sind stuff.

i remember we were even leanring african music in geo. seriously what a shit subject

maybe just my highschool geo, but yuo kno whats funny, when i was in year 11 and 12 , hardly anyone chose to do geo, so it got cancelled.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
The Board of Studies keep introducing new subjects to be tested for the School Certificate ever since. Next year, there's going to be a compulsory Computing Skills test but no compulsory Computing skills course. Thank god I don't have to take that Computing Skills test, despite the fact that its probably easy anyway. That would mean a third day of external examinations. The Computing Skills test is there, just for the sake of the indicating that you know how to use a computer!

i dont get it, u have to do a computer teest, but dont have to do a computer subject? what if u dont know anything about computers, and u fail the test what happens?

12-51

Custom User Title
HSC
Geo is ok but I really hate history, i think it's mainly to do with the teachers though. It isn't too bad, so I don't really mind.

Mumma

HSC
I hated geography and history so much ... I still got mid-high band 5s for them though, even though i did like no study AT ALL and made up nearly everything in the geography exam. Its fucking hilarious you sit for the year 10 sc, you finish, you look at your papers and realise the last two years might have well not existed.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
geography shits me
but it taught me how to read maps and draw graohs and read graphs and measure stuff with string

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i hated geo [stupid gay teacher], and kind of hated hist as well [but the teacher was so nice]. thought i would do better in hist, but no, i got the same mark for both in the SC

so glad it's no longer compulsory

there's no geo class in my yr. but there is hist

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Did geo for all those years and i still can't read a map :chainsaw:

Band 5 in the SC woot..

Just learn the important words, like, land degradation and precipitation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)