bunnyears

i am just delighted to let everyone know that uai estimates can be WAY WRONG

i was estimated to get 92 or 95

i got 99.10

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I agree. Give us the thread we made the prediction in. I very much doubt we were off by that much!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I replied to it.

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16487

Considering you didn't give us HSC Marks, (Thread made in October the reason being), and you were yet to do all your exams, I said mid 90's which in my opinion is quite close with info you gave - that didn't include exam performance.

Some person could of got 99 in all his school assessments and we say he'd likely get 98+ UAI, however if he screwed the exam he sitll could end up with a UAI of 70. In which case blaming us for being inaccurate when its your own problem for doing bad (not talking about you),

What I'm saying is your exam performance can change a lot of things, we don't know how you do but base our predictions on what is given.

I'm not a prophet.

I'm happy you got 99.10, Congratz

And I'm happy my UAI wasn't as accurate in a positive way.

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
whoever said this uai estimation thread is 100% correct should think twice..these guys work their butt off..and sure they might some mistakes...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The lesson: Don't expect (reasonably) accurate predictions when you don't provide sufficient information. :D

bunnyears

Guys!!! i was just being silly!!!! "haha" as in a gleeful delight! sorry i should have conveyed my emotions better but i was in a hurry, all i was trying to convey was 92, 97 whatever is different to 99.1 and that people who get discouraged by predictions can have hope of a better result!
punctuation sucks: i did ext 2 eng poetry with scattered sporadic punc. and got 47/50 so i can't be too wrong!

Huy

HSC
N/A
/me hates it when people are being silly.

/me looks in the mirror.

Huy

HSC
N/A
We haven't been wrong yet. :)

At least, I hope not!

bunnyears

well the disparity between 92 and 99.1 is probably due to a bucnh of sporadic factors
i.e. handing in white canvases for art; the markers finding something clearly insightful (wonders never cease) and doing a 96.

as well as an easy bio paper and fluking it through english
argh the list goes on
anyway, cheers, merry christmas, my flight to canada/europe/finland/thailand leaves in 3 hours!
so long and thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)