• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hai guyz do u think we should tattoo DFEE on fee payin students foreheads? (1 Viewer)

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
~ari said:
The University of Western Sydney is a fine educational institute.

How to transform UWS in 2 steps:

1. Drop Western from the name
2. Make a decent logo - possibly a coat of arms or something not shit.

Result...

+1 Respect
+1 Agility
+1 Speed

UWS has grown to Level 34.
Oh, what's that? UWS is evolving...

...UWS has evolved
LOL. Marry me. :p

But really, I was taking a look at Advanced Science at UWS-- their cutoffs was surprisingly high. UAC claims that the Parramatta campus 2007 Adv Sci cutoff was 99.60...

I don't really know what point I'm making. I think I'm half-arsedly defending their Uni. I mean, it's not nice for "UWS" to be an acronym for "U Went Shit", afterall. It's just snobbery...

/lulz

EDIT: I was offered DFEE for MBBS at Adelaide. I, unfortunately, do not have a spare $208k. It's rather petty of me, I know, but should this 'DFEE' tattoo become a motion, it'll have my full support. I'm a bitter scrooge.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
~ari said:
lol don't trust jb_nc's use of straw man
Hey ari

Why did you stop responding to me in this thread

Is it because you were owned???

Still very willing to continue the argument since you so adamantly support DFEE to create this thread.

~ari

is well hung
HSC
TheMelissa said:
LOL. Marry me. :p
But captain ghey will murder me out of jealousy:(

But really, I was taking a look at Advanced Science at UWS-- their cutoffs was surprisingly high. UAC claims that the Parramatta campus 2007 Adv Sci cutoff was 99.60...
I believe this was because of the introduction of their MBBS. Those people who missed out had Advanced Science as their next preference (i.e. because they were fobinese they did shit at UMAT) so they decided to do advanced science at the same institution with hopes to one day transfer. I could be right off the mark though but it could possibly be right.

I don't really know what point I'm making. I think I'm half-arsedly defending their Uni. I mean, it's not nice for "UWS" to be an acronym for "U Went Shit", afterall. It's just snobbery...
U WENT SEX.
Utopian Western Suburbs (biggest oxymoron i could think of)

/geographical racism

Last edited:

~ari

is well hung
HSC
jb_nc said:
Hey ari

Why did you stop responding to me in this thread

Is it because you were owned???

Still very willing to continue the argument since you so adamantly support DFEE to create this thread.
Yeah, this thread wasn't a parody of loser101's thread at all. I made it out of pure conviction.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
TheMelissa said:
This year's highest cut off regardless of campus was 91.35. That's still pretty good.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
~ari said:
I believe this was because of the introduction of their MBBS. Those people who missed out had Advanced Science as their next preference (i.e. because they were fobinese they did shit at UMAT) so they decided to do advanced science at the same institution with hopes to one day transfer. I could be right off the mark though but it could possibly be right.
So in other words, UWS is still U-Went-Shit lol sigh.

Anyways, back on topic-- yes, this thread is serious business. I'm willing to bank some serious money into tattooing the heads of unwilling DFEE students. Stand outside lecture halls and interrogate everybody as they enter. As soon as a DFEE turns up, it's just a matter of time and restraints. Simple, really.

You know, using this logic, we should label Access and EAS students too.

~ari

is well hung
HSC
TheMelissa said:
So in other words, UWS is still U-Went-Shit lol sigh.

Anyways, back on topic-- yes, this thread is serious business. I'm willing to bank some serious money into tattooing the heads of unwilling DFEE students. Stand outside lecture halls and interrogate everybody as they enter. As soon as a DFEE turns up, it's just a matter of time and restraints. Simple, really.

You know, using this logic, we should label Access and EAS students too.
But I didn't go shit:(
93UAI for the umm...moderately good win

~ari

is well hung
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Don't forget those internationals

Makes it easier for us to avoid them in group work too :D
All my racism aside.

International students = no go zone in group work.

Macroeconomics debate:

Me: Have you done your argument?
Mr. Lee : yes almost done lah
*txt message 20 minutes before debate* - "i change group"

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
~ari said:
All my racism aside.

International students = no go zone in group work.

Macroeconomics debate:

Me: Have you done your argument?
Mr. Lee : yes almost done lah
*txt message 20 minutes before debate* - "i change group"
I laughed out loud for a good minute lol my god. As much as I'd kill to take your advice on board, UNSW is fob central-- to say nothing of the science courses. I'll be putting up with Lees for a good year, at least lol

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Don't forget those internationals

Makes it easier for us to avoid them in group work too :D
D: Newcastle isn't overrun by fobs, is it?!

clotinc

HSC
i think its a different case for international students

how about an international student who worked his ass off to get above the cut-off and still has to pay full fee?

~ari

is well hung
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Not just their own country, but also too dumb for the US or UK. So we get the dumbest of the dumb :D
Go team UWS!

equanimity

HSC
So, it seems that many people in this thread believe that DFEE students, international students and access students should have tattoos on their heads indicating their inferiority. I have a better preposition. Wouldn't it be easier if we tattoo "CSP" on all those students who were brave, courageous and intelligent enough to achieve government-supported places, and so that they can flash their status around at strategic moments?

I'm sorry. I guess I am just embittered by your vitriolic attacks on specific groups of university students. I'd thought that the majority of people who are clever enough to get into university would be less inclined to conjure prejudices and create hierarchies within their own system. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

DFEE students do not take up the positions of anyone else. If a person rejects his/her DFEE offer, logically, another person will be offered a DFEE place. Without DFEE places, there would be about 30% less university places in our country. So please, stop ranting aimlessly and littering your illogical sequences with profanities, and start thinking rationally. Sure, we can abolish all DFEE places and replace them with CSP ones, if you don't mind a huge increase in your taxes. However, I applaud the person who suggested that the government extends its loan to cover the DFEE course completely.

Well, your arguments about the poor/rich gulf has been heard before and will no doubt be heard again. You can rant and rave about inequality and injustice, but in the end, nothing will be changed. You can create animosity towards all those students who weren't "intelligent" enough to secure a funded place, but in the end, all it will do is reveal a little bit of your own nature to the world.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Cant be bothered to read the whole thread, but just thought id chuck in my 2 cents:

DFEE places are intitutionalised bribery. I am totally against the whole idea of fee paying places. Education should be equally avaliable to everyone, DFEE places just defeat the purpose (but im not going into another rant about that!)

That said, I dont think its fair to discriminate against DFEE students. Its the system that is wrong, not the individuals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)