Hair colouring (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
are u serious...i never pay taht much for hair. clairol ones work for me. my hair is naturally dark brown, i have it blonde now, like blondey blonde. theres these highlight thingies at kmart, new i think, i never seen em before. it's like a professional kit, but u only pay 15 bucks.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Definitely dont do it yourself... never ever.... lol, ive had many a bad experience with hair dye... but it makes for hilarious stories!!!!

kkitty56

HSC
U dont have to wait for it to grow out.. u can buy product that'll rinse out ur black dye.. saw an ad for it in cleo lol.. pretty sure it was PPS.. whatever it was it was in an orange n white bottle n prob available at priceline, a chemist or possibly a supermarket.. Definitely go to a hairdresser - DIY dyes smell gross lol.. plus ur assured that ur colour will turn out correctly - if not they'll fix it for free

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Yeah, ill buy a colour stripper and lose the black, then maybe go to the hairdresser.

Thanks guys

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ow... anyway just for my 2 cents... I got my blonde done at a hair salon.. bleach streak/trim was $60. Of course can get cheaper at other places, but it was more of a... spur of the moment thing.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
no, dan. dont do it! your hair will lose all its natural wave and sheen, and youll end up with straw growing out of your head. take it from me, a seasoned expert... streaks are one thing, but bleashing the entire head i dont think is a good idea.

plus you have nice hair as it is.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
any packet you buy from the pharmacy wont work
u need peroxide
better off getting it done at the hairdressers so it will be even and not orange
it will take a few processes though

Hanzo

HSC
seremify007 said:
Yeh bleaching the entire head can have dangerous consequences!
wat dangerous consequences?
i used to have chin length hair parted in the middle and i bleached all of it blonde back in high school

Trev

stix
HSC
CieL said:
black will wash out
Yeah, I dyed my hair blue-black and because i'm obsessed with washing my hair (do it everytime I have a shower so usually twice a day) it hasn't taken long for the dye to wash out to my normal dark brown colour hair, like about a month or so...

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
i have blue hair atm *super hot*

bleach it to a platinum blonde, then put fudge in "blueberry hill" on top

just becareful because the blue would wash out very easy at the root while the blue remains on your hair for lk 3 weeks or so.

i have silver roots atm, so sad :(

magchem07

Open Up!
HSC
forget the bleachin and going blone.

if u want a change better go for highlights! ,highlighting has a great variety and u dont need to be worried for ur new roots with different colour!

As i saw ur pic if u get the short hair with ash blone highlights,u will definitely look more gorgeous!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
has anyone had an allergic reaction to bleach before?

i got a half head of blonde foils a week ago..as i was waiting for them to be washed out, i began to feel an annoyinging, tingling burning sensation. A week onward, I still have a sore scalp and its starting to get really itchy as well . I think they burnt me, or I'm allergic or something..

mr_brightside

HSC
^
Yup your allergic to that particular dye. If any discomfort or excessive heat is felt thourghout the colouring, wash the product out IMMEDIATELY.

As for my situation:__________

The other day I bought some MYHD colour remover and tried that on my hair.
Smelt AWFUL and my hair was a bit pungent for a day or so after.
Rather than return to my natural colour it sorta just made it dark brown with a tinge of red.

eh. Ill do a strand test on this colour and see what I come up with. If it turns light enough ill go buy some toner and bleach :D

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
get it doen at the hair dressers man..

I got ash blond tips in my hair done their for 40 bucks...

you cant risk doing a dodgey job at home...it can go very wrong and turn out a shitty colour...

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i want to go platinum blonde. someone discourage me.
pale skin + blonde???? wah.
want like this:

have nfi who this chick is. i think a myspace random and i said. oh i like your hair :eek:

mr_brightside

HSC
dont do it meli!!!1

My beautiful once soft hair has been turned to straw and I have about a cm of dark regrowth coming through.

:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)