• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hair - Half up/down (1 Viewer)

keyys

HSC
N/A
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone out there has the same problem:
When I put my hair half up half down (in a ponytail with hair left out underneath), my hair tends to knot around the hair band making it hard and painful to remove.

I brush my hair (which has a slight wave but isn't curly or anything) and remove knots before putting it up and use the hair bands with no metal joins.

Any suggestions ?

Miz Janani

HSC
Yeah I do the same thing when I straighten my hair. I don't keep it up with a hair tie anymore because it gets wayy to notty.

Try using a hair clip, and it makes it so much easier to fix up during the day.

Hope that helps.. :)

keyys

HSC
N/A
Hair clips seem like a reasonable solution =D I feel a little silly for not thinking of it!

Thanks =]

and that's nice, but I don't plan to shave my head . I like my hair even though it can be tedious to maintain at times !

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
make sure when you tie it up to begin with, it's not knotty. i find if i tie mine like that, any knots i get, i make while i'm tying it to begin with, by accidentally catching up little strands of hair in it.

but yeah, clips are good. or even a couple of bobby pins if your hair is fine

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Ugh I get this all the time! You could try using a ribbon/bobby pin combo, I generally just pay extra attention when I'm putting the elastic on my hair.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I find the most foolproof way is to plait the hair in the top section (carefully!), secure the elastic or bobby pins around the plait at the top, then unravel the plait to leave a ponytail. As long as you plait carefully you will get around the issue of hair bunching. I also find that this style works better with pins (however I have fine hair that can be held in place with 2 bobby pins so if you have thick hair this may not work)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)