Hair Straighteners (1 Viewer)

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i have a really old crappy straightener which i think should be replaced by now. What's all this hype about a GHD? i have no idea what it is...

*~Dazed~* said:
You wont regret spending $300 on a ghd. Think of how quickly the money will be repayed. It costs me around $60 to get my hair straightened at the hairdresser, so 5 straightens later and i have my moneys worth already.

The comment on price going down, i wouldnt count on it. 1 1/2 years after i bought mine and it still costs the same.
Where can you get your hair chemically straightened for 60bux?? it costed me 160 last time!

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
miss_gtr said:
My mum wants to get it done for my little sister (she has outrageous bed hair-its horrible) She got a quote for $140...
me thinks i was going to be ripped off :uhhuh:
glad i didnt go through with it...

bex

HSC
mushroom_head said:
i have a really old crappy straightener which i think should be replaced by now. What's all this hype about a GHD? i have no idea what it is...

Where can you get your hair chemically straightened for 60bux?? it costed me 160 last time!

GHD is without a doubt THE BEST straightener on the market. It heats up in about 15seconds so no more having to remember to turn the straightener on before you get in the shower or whatever.. It has ceramic plates to protect the hair from drying out and it does an AWESOME job without trying at all! You can also use it to curl hair which takes a bit more practice but either style is guaranteed to stick around for your night out (without frizzies) and even longer if youre one of those people who dont wash their hair when they get home!

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i bought a remington digital something something with ceramic plates & teflon from myer yesterday for $43. it makes my hair dead dead straight, but my hair is almost straight to begin with. so yeah.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i dunno what mine is but it's remington and was also around $45..my hair isn't ridiculously curly but it's certainly no way near straight and it does the trick :)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Tuggi3 said:
the remington wet to straight straightner is AWESOME...and it only costs around $120.
my mum got it and i thought it would be hopeless, but its actually really really good. Better then my muster IMO, and its less of a pain coz it drys and straightens at the same time.

I should be the spokesperson for that things..its fantastic
i got the wet 2 straight last chrissie (i think it was around $200 back then). it's ok, but i dont think it's THAT awesome. it lasts for the best part of a week...but it only makes my hair a little bit less boofy than normal (fairly thick with a natural wave) and my hair's still a bit frizzy when i use it

HSC
definitely go for the GHD, especially if you have thick curly hair. it will be well worth the money!

i went to get my hair cut at my hairdressers and she took less than 5 minutes to straighten my hair with a GHD iron when i usually take a half hour.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
what's the best balm or whatever to use with a straightner? eventhought it's ceramic, i still dont want to frizzle my hair.

Skeeta

HSC
i use that john frieda frizz free serum.. you only need to use a tinnnnnnny tinnny bit (and i mean tiny!) BEFORE you straighten your hair, and it straightens even better and also protects from frazzling ur hair

its somethin i've shopped around for because i've found alot of them make ur hair a bit oily but its important to use only the tiniest amount and u will be A-OK

Skeeta

HSC
why doesnt santa have any kids????

because he only comes once a year and when he does its down a chimney

omg lollerskates

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
u use hair serum after u straighten it

ALWAYS use some sort of moisturiser or product before you straighten it..then the iron will burn the product off not the hair. ANY product is better than none

$a®e

HSC
Tuggi3 said:
the remington wet to straight straightner is AWESOME...and it only costs around $120.
my mum got it and i thought it would be hopeless, but its actually really really good. Better then my muster IMO, and its less of a pain coz it drys and straightens at the same time.

I should be the spokesperson for that things..its fantastic
i totally back u up here...my mum got me it for xmas, cause my old straightener died...its soo good!!! iev had ghd before and i think its just as good...

moco

HSC
Does everyone use their straightener everyday? cause i heard that it will kill your hair. is this true? i bought i straightener but im too scared to use it frequently.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Since starting work, I use it about twice a week. Before that, though, I only straightened it if I was going to the pub. Which was relatively rarely.

However, I've noticed with the increased use, my hair has been quite a bit dryer. Hair (the bit we see, at least) is already dead, but yes, constant application of heat (iron, tongs, blow-drying, etc) can frazzle your hair.

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
moco said:
Does everyone use their straightener everyday? cause i heard that it will kill your hair. is this true? i bought i straightener but im too scared to use it frequently.

i use mine virtually every day, sometimes even twice, if i go to the gym, wash my hair, then go out again. and have been doing so for around 6 months, and honestly, my hair is in pretty good nick hairdressers are always really suprised when i tell them how often i fry it. but i have a ghd and i dont think they do as much damage as other brands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)