Haircuts (1 Viewer)

neelz

HSC
Speaking of haircuts, what do ya do when ya want a new haircut/style? Cos I haven't had a proper haircut for like 2 1/2 years.. got my dreads cut of midyear last year and then a trim a 2 months after that.I just want a new hair do (but don't know what I want!
) and what would ya do going about it... saying to the hair dressers do what ya like with my hair that looks good or bring them in a picture or something.

I duno. I guess I kinda want a new look at the moment

I guess I'm just curious as to what you ask for? Mainly the guys though cos I'm sure you ladies ask for different things all the time, but still feel free to comment!

I have no idea so help would be great!!

HSC
most of the time, i just go into a salon and say "i'd like it restyled, do whatever with it as long as you think it will look good and as long as it's an interesting non-generic type cut"

sometimes i bring in a picture, when i see a haircut i really like

placebo101

HSC
this is a little off topic but it came to me while getting my hair cut yesterday...
does anyone like 'tip' their hairdresser? i get mine cut at this place in st marys - its liek a barbershop, all males. only 12 dollars:). do u just pay the amount or tip aswell???

HSC
N/A
I haven't tipped yet. I figure that's more for older people who have more money than we do? lol.

The last time I wanted a change, I went to my hairdresser (she's been cutting my hair for years now) and said "I want it a few inches shorter, but I also want something new... something with movement?" She did the whole "I know exactly what you mean!", and excitedly brought out the scissors. I loved what she did :D

My advice is if you've got pictures of what you like, bring some - otherwise go to a reputable salon and tell them you'd like something new that looks good :) They know more about hair than you do, so if you go to a good hairdresser you can feel pretty safe that they'll make you look good. :)

pete_mate

HSC
yeah, pay big for a good hairdresser to find a style i reckon, and then get a cheaper one to do that, or keep going.

toni and guy is good apparently, tho th haircuts are $30-40, but they'll colour it and sit down and talk about it i hear

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
styles are tooooo harddddddddddddddddddddddddd

this is moi.
walk in
barber - "hello again, have a seat"
me - "cheers. mate, i'd like it trimmed"
barber - "short? medium? whatabout the sides? or the top?"
me - "yeah...whilst you're there i'll have a perm"
barber - "but i do not understand. Why would you have a perm?"
me - "exactly, so i'll just get a trim thanks"

despite telling my barber otherwise, he always tries to grease/concrete my hair back :/ another good haircut ruined until i've had it washed

why guys should be careful with barbers who dont have a grasp on the english language

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Have a look on the internet for pictures, go to the salon 10 minutes early and flip through the magazines they have, or just tell the hairdresser to do whatever she likes.

If you're after a particular style, it's much better to show the hairdresser a picture than to just describe it. All hair magazines have a section with male pictures.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Komaticom said:
I've gotten Army-style haircuts (crew cuts?) for my whole life. I'm thinking of letting my top grow longer so I do something stylish with it.
Yeah i have to have crew cuts because of the instructors, rules at my SQN. GRRR!!! :mad:

G

Gavvvvvin

I wanna grow my hair long...but instead of growing out it grows out to the sides and looks all puffy :eek:

What type of cut do i need to correct this? :cool:

Always

HSC
pete_mate said:
toni and guy is good apparently, tho th haircuts are $30-40, but they'll colour it and sit down and talk about it i hear
$40 for a Toni & Guy cut AND colour? Times that by 5, maybe..

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i got my hair cut yesterday and i wanted something different.
i told the lady cutting my hair and we went through some hair style magazines together.
i showed her what styles i like, she showed other ones similar and that would go with my face shape. then we settled on two different styles.
then i got my hair washed, head massage, condition, then cut, blowdry and styled, all for $42
bargain.

but yeah, all good hairdressers should have hair style magazines, and tell your hairdresser your after something new, but not sure, and if he/she is nice enough, they will go through hair magazines with you and talk about the styles and what will suit your face shape, and how to style it, etc.

pete_mate

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
i told the lady cutting my hair and we went through some hair style magazines together.
i showed her what styles i like, she showed other ones similar and that would go with my face shape. then we settled on two different styles.
then i got my hair washed, head massage, condition, then cut, blowdry and styled, all for $42
bargain.

but yeah, all good hairdressers should have hair style magazines, and tell your hairdresser your after something new, but not sure, and if he/she is nice enough, they will go through hair magazines with you and talk about the styles and what will suit your face shape, and how to style it, etc.
where was this?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
mmm_sofay said:
bargain.

What kind of style did you get?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
pete - toscani for hair, north wollongong
ozgirl - short and very layered, with a side fringe, and i can kinda spike it up or flip it out. very messy, very bedhair like. im still indessive about it though...

Hanzo

HSC
u know barbaras always wanna cut your hair realli realli short..
they have no style!!!!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
Hanzo said:
u know barbaras always wanna cut your hair realli realli short..
they have no style!!!!
do you mean barbers?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)