HALF YEARLIES :O when? are you ready? studiesss? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithela

HSC
Definitely not ready for maths half yearlies - still revising!

Dundasbro

HSC
I have mine in week 5&6. And get this, we got given an assessment 9 days before it was due, due two weeks before our half yearly exams. And then we complain about the lack of information that it was coming and get told our assessment booklets are all the notice we needed that it was coming (bullshit). And then they have the audacity to hand out said booklets two days later without a word about them screwing us over on the assessment, as well as the fact that the assessment on the booklet is set on the wrong day!

And on this assessment calender booklet it states clearly that
"The final dates of tasks my vary from those advertised in your assessment schedule and this calender...Your teacher will give you two weeks notice in writing if this has to occur". Problem is that teachers and student representatives are too scared of the administration to speak up about anything they feel strongly about anymore, for fear of retribution. Oh and the english thing is worth 15% btw.

And while i'm having a big whine to those who probably don't give a crap, they have also started up some juvinile "how to study effectively" program at the school. This means we miss 10 periods learning year 7 stuff (yes, with booklets with little cartoons telling us that if we believe in ourselves we will achieve our best!) including losing a period in the week before our half-yearlies. Absolutely atrocious.

/Wow what a rant, sorry guys!

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Um I think ours start either Week 9 or 10...but I'm screwed, regardless if I put any effort in.

Dundasbro said:
I have mine in week 5&6. And get this, we got given an assessment 9 days before it was due, due two weeks before our half yearly exams. And then we complain about the lack of information that it was coming and get told our assessment booklets are all the notice we needed that it was coming (bullshit). And then they have the audacity to hand out said booklets two days later without a word about them screwing us over on the assessment, as well as the fact that the assessment on the booklet is set on the wrong day!

And on this assessment calender booklet it states clearly that
"The final dates of tasks my vary from those advertised in your assessment schedule and this calender...Your teacher will give you two weeks notice in writing if this has to occur". Problem is that teachers and student representatives are too scared of the administration to speak up about anything they feel strongly about anymore, for fear of retribution. Oh and the english thing is worth 15% btw.

And while i'm having a big whine to those who probably don't give a crap, they have also started up some juvinile "how to study effectively" program at the school. This means we miss 10 periods learning year 7 stuff (yes, with booklets with little cartoons telling us that if we believe in ourselves we will achieve our best!) including losing a period in the week before our half-yearlies. Absolutely atrocious.

/Wow what a rant, sorry guys!
Wow, dude that is bullshit...you should try and get a group of students that have been affected and appeal to the Head of School. Because they've broken their end of the agreement, not you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radital

HSC
mine is in weeks 10 and 11 with a camp on the middle weekend between the weeks this is the first year our school has had half yearlies and most of mine but one exam is counted to the HSC my CAFS exam is only for my half yearly report i don't think i'll do to bad

Artemis.

HSC
Our half yearlies aren't until weeks 1 & 2 of term 2 :D

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
our exams are in week 11 this term. We have to do one for every subjects but hardly any of mine count.

English - 0%
Ancient History - 0%
Chemistry - 20%
Maths Ext 1 - 30%
Maths Ext 2 - 35% (yikes!)
SOR - 0%

We have assessments in other subjects this term but none for 2 weeks before the 1/2 yearlies so we can study

bassistx

HSC
We don't do half-yearlies mwahahaha. We just do assessments (which could be speeches, presentations, essays, reports, tests, whatever).
The only upcoming tests (for this term) are Italian Listening Skills and then a Business Studies short answer and multiple choice test. Italian Speaking Skills is sometime before the trials. Then the trials, then the HSC.
That's basically it.

Too easy :)

cal-

Banned
HSC
So the only exam practice you guys get are your trials?

bassistx

HSC
They give us past papers.. They're optional though.
But your teacher marks them for you (and most of them are HSC markers anyway, so they let us know what's expected).
No pressure - the only person you can blame for failing is yourself.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
We got our timetables today. 7 exams in 5 days for me. Though, some people aren't happy because they have their exams crammed into a three day period. 2 weeks to go now.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Half yearlies aren't until May.

But we have an assessment block coming up. Oh how fun.

It goes something like this:

Week Starting Monday 3/3/08

Mon - Eng Adv
Tues - Maths Ext 2
Wed - Eng Ext 1
Thurs - Maths Ext 1
Fri - Chem
Mon - Eco

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
I'm just looking around here and I've noticed that everyone has their 1/2 yearlies in term 1, lucky us we get ours at Randwick Boys' High in term 2 in the first week back. I think we'll all be fine, considering we have the holidays to prepare. Plus we are even more luckier, since IMO we get less assesments since I already had two so far since term 4, but maybe it's the subjects you do.

Who thinks that the amount of assesments you get depends on the subjects you do?

bassistx

HSC
FLYHAWK14 said:
Who thinks that the amount of assesments you get depends on the subjects you do?
I think that's obvious. Languages are the most, then visual arts. Or perhaps the other way around.

Randwick reminds me of farms. Like Warwick Farm :) And smelly horses and poopies.

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
bassistx said:
I think that's obvious. Languages are the most, then visual arts. Or perhaps the other way around.

Randwick reminds me of farms. Like Warwick Farm :) And smelly horses and poopies.
Excuse me biatch, but if I recall you were at TSFX at UNSW no? And UNSW is in BETWEEN RANDWICK AND KENSINGTON! So I don't live in a rural hole if that's what you meant to say.

bassistx

HSC
FLYHAWK14 said:
Excuse me biatch, but if I recall you were at TSFX at UNSW no? And UNSW is in BETWEEN RANDWICK AND KENSINGTON! So I don't live in a rural hole if that's what you meant to say.
? Relax...
I didn't say you lived in a rural hole... What I said is that "Randwick" reminds me of "Warwick Farm" which reminds me of smelly "farms".
Does that make sense?
I didn't mean to say you lived on a farm or anything. What's wrong with farms?

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Sorry, there's nothing wrong with farms, I'm just a bit sensitive about things lol.

moz324

HSC
we have our exams in 5 weeks, just b4 da holidays, but we also have 5 or 6 assesments b4 dat, so we r going 2 bumb out in a big way! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)