Half-Yearly Atar Estimate (1 Viewer)

ncoul

HSC
From my half-yearly ranks, what am I looking at?

School Rank: 70 in 2012, usually around 80

English Advanced: 3/110
Drama: 2/27
Modern: 3/65
Legal: 2/45
Japanese Cont.: 2/10 (Inevitable state ranker at 1st)
Japanese Ext.: 2/5

Should improve by trials, looking for first in Modern and Legal and Drama.

Nick

Another

HSC
N/A
If you're looking for that 99.7 for b/law at UNSW, then I would suggest you try and get 1st for English just to stay safe.

Judging by your ranks at a school that's ranked 70~80, I would say you're looking at around 98.5+ (probably more) but trial marks are what we need here to give a more accurate definate answer.

Nice ranks and keep it up!

ncoul

HSC
Should say that these are cumulative ranks from the first two waves of assessments. Thanks

Another

HSC
N/A
The most important thing here is for you to come 1st in English. Also, I assume that the person coming first in your school for English is at least hitting that 95%+ mark for each assessment. Remember, for each mark you get for English in your HSC, it adds approx. 0.15 of an atar. If you don't reach 99.7 however, you can always apply for a 2nd year transfer if you achieve good results in your first year. Remember, law is competitive and even the top students in the top 10 schools will need to work very hard for 99.7+.

ncoul

HSC
The most important thing here is for you to come 1st in English. Also, I assume that the person coming first in your school for English is at least hitting that 95%+ mark for each assessment. Remember, for each mark you get for English in your HSC, it adds approx. 0.15 of an atar. If you don't reach 99.7 however, you can always apply for a 2nd year transfer if you achieve good results in your first year. Remember, law is competitive and even the top students in the top 10 schools will need to work very hard for 99.7+.
Realistically, i've acknowledged that i probably won't get the cut-off, but im doing alot better this term and feel I'm on a good trajectory to receive 99+ and be competitive for second year transfer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)