Half Yearly exam! (1 Viewer)

astron

HSC
N/A
Probably a bit late for the intentions of this original post.

But our half yearlies had the following essays:

Choice between:
Trends and reasons for the CAD
+ and - of the floating exchange

and

Choice between:
Impacts of the reduction in protection on the Aus economy
Your case study essay

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by PG5

lol, same concept
yeah... i'll try scanning my half yearly papers when i get them back

but yeah, i'm not quite sure how to turn them into .pdf files...
no worries, save them as JPG's, zip em up, and email them to either me, Lazarus or tactic, and we'll do the rest

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Lord Ac

EXACTLY!!

We skipped topic one (except for protection crap which is in topic 3 somewhere as well ... )

So, we have done topic 2,3 and some of 1.

Ac
Hmm just thought I'd add what chpt's we've done:

We've got the Policies & Management and Australia's Place in the Global Economy topics to go. We've done the Global Economy & Economic Issues.

ellipsis

HSC
I see know that people are doing it all mixed up. I dunno, I just assumed because Eco seems to flow on in a nice way that everyone would do it in order.
Maybe I've just been brainwashed by my teacher :rolleyes: She keeps going on about how she has a grand plan and how going as we are we'll get to the budget chapter when the budget comes out etc. etc. so we all can read the paper and feel up to date.

We've done everything up to around Chapter 10 I think - this is the Dixon book. We've stopped now for half yearlies. I have Eco on Wednesday :( . I can compare questions after but I don't have a scanner...

malayz_angel

I just took my eco exam on Tues and I think I passed but not well. I hate this subject so much, I keep trying to understand it but everytime I understand it, my teacher moves on and doesn't put what I learnt into the exam. This is going to bring my UAI down so badly.

astron

HSC
N/A
I can understand your frustration at not being tested on what you know.

My advice, which came from my teacher, is to look at a lot of past papers, and see which areas they focus on. You should start to see some similarities in the questions that they always ask.

astron

HSC
N/A
It worked for the Last two essays of my half yearlies.
They asked for the impacts of a reduction in protection on the Aus Economy
And your case study essay.
The short answer questions were a bit different on account of us not having completed the third and fourth topics yet.

yeahyeahyeahs

we had to pick 1 extended response from either:

1. reciting our case study (globalisation on an economy other than australia).
2. discuss recent trends in trade and financial flows.

how dumb are they! our teacher is so lazy he should write proper questions. multiple choice was a killer though i got 12/20 :( xx

AGB

HSC
i reckon they r good questions.....straight from the syllabus like questions should be - i hate all of these bullshit questions that teachers come up with......

sorry just wanted to get that out....i feel better now:D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by AGB
i reckon they r good questions.....straight from the syllabus like questions should be - i hate all of these bullshit questions that teachers come up with......

sorry just wanted to get that out....i feel better now:D
true
it better prepares u for the HSC in a way

AGB

HSC
yeah i totally agree...u get all of these cocky teachers who think they are top shit and they think up really hard questions, which are completely unrelated to the syllabus and that only university students can answer, and then they r really proud of their achievement of writing an impossible question.......stupid pricks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)