Half Yearly Exams (1 Viewer)

statsguru

HSC
hay people, i have a 2 unit half yearly exam coming up, i have difficulties preparing myself for big exams. although i have been getting ok exam results in assessments i still have trouble revising or studying for an exam that involves more than 2 topics(in this case its 8).

can anyone solve my prob.??:worried:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Try and get your hands on past papers, particularly past half yearlies from your school. They are will provide you with good preparation on top of your confidence in each of the topics that will be tested. Good luck with your exams.

P

pLuvia

statsguru said:
hay people, i have a 2 unit half yearly exam coming up, i have difficulties preparing myself for big exams. although i have been getting ok exam results in assessments i still have trouble revising or studying for an exam that involves more than 2 topics(in this case its 8).

can anyone solve my prob.??:worried:
Try doing the past HSC papers or as Riviet said, get some of your school's past papers

abcd9146

HSC
do past papers (but this shouldnt be the only thing you do), and also this is what i'd do:
do the last few questions out of each exercise (or the ones that look hard), and then do more of the onces you suck at... thats what i do most of the time. and make your you read the exam outcomes (do you get these before your exams? i do), they basically tell you whats in the exam...
dont worry, 8 topics isn't alot (mine was pretty much the same: fitz 2U ch1-17 was what i studied), if your paper is anything like mine, there'll be 1 question on each one, and then there wont be many hard questions.
also, remember your trials is basically everything you've done in the two years :):)

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
I went to an Edasist study day, and the lecturer dude put foward an interesting study technique commonly used elsewhere just not in maths.

Try setting up a mind map.

Eg for calculus - have calculus in the mid then break it up into rules etc...

It's a really good way to study...well it worked sort of for me =]

Good Luck with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)