Half yearly report - ATAR Estimate Please (1 Viewer)

ayecee

HSC
My school is ranked in the 270's and my ranks are as follows:
English Standard: 13/97
Studies of Religion (1u): 23/54
Maths Ex1: 1/17
Maths Ex2: 1/7
Physics: =5/20
Software Design: =2/9

Further school hsc info: My entire cohort is 140 students, last year there were 10-15 students that achieved >90 atar's and dux was 99.2

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
My school is ranked in the 270's and my ranks are as follows:
English Standard: 13/97
Studies of Religion (1u): 23/54
Maths Ex1: 1/17
Maths Ex2: 1/7
Physics: =5/20
Software Design: =2/9

Further school hsc info: My entire cohort is 140 students, last year there were 10-15 students that achieved >90 atar's and dux was 99.2
85 atar.

SanjoyM

HSC
Definitely 90+
Keep working at it! I'm sure, if you work with consistency, you will attain your desired ATAR.

ayecee

HSC
Definitely 90+
Keep working at it! I'm sure, if you work with consistency, you will attain your desired ATAR.
Thanks for the estimate and the motivation. Throughout year 11 all I was ever told was that I had thrown away my ATAR by choosing standard english, which really shattered my confidence. Given my improvement in english I am much more motivated to achieve as high as possible Note my english rank is not accurate, as it contains results from exams that are not being submitted to board of studies. Realistically it is closer to <5 (I achieved =1st in the mid-year, couldn't believe it haha)

SanjoyM

HSC
That's excellent! See, perseverance and motivation to succeed does bear fruition :) Well done!
My advice would be for you to try your best to NOT rank =1. It can devastating effects, albeit this depends upon the strength of your cohort.
Seeing as you have radically improved in English, I do not see the reason as to why you will not improve further!
Keep at it! Work hard and enjoy working hard (LOL)

If you require any help with English, do not hesitate to email me or PM me. I'll be glad to help.
On your way to an amazing ATAR :)

ayecee

HSC
Thanks, I have begun thoroughly structuring my english study which is what I think has helped me the most.

My advice would be for you to try your best to NOT rank =1. It can devastating effects, albeit this depends upon the strength of your cohort.
Also, would you care to explain this as I don't quite understand how ranking equal first can have devastating effects. I can say that disregarding the say top 30-35 students in English Standard, the cohort is below average in strength.

RishBonjour

HSC
Thanks, I have begun thoroughly structuring my english study which is what I think has helped me the most.

Also, would you care to explain this as I don't quite understand how ranking equal first can have devastating effects. I can say that disregarding the say top 30-35 students in English Standard, the cohort is below average in strength.
A and B come first in standard english. A gets 96 in HSC exam, B gets 80 in HSC exam.
For assessment marks they both get 88 (average of two). Hence, A's final mark gets dragged down to 92 because of B.

I think thats how it works.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I would say 93/94ish ATAR, but your English can go either way so it's hard to be very precise.

ayecee

HSC
A and B come first in standard english. A gets 96 in HSC exam, B gets 80 in HSC exam.
For assessment marks they both get 88 (average of two). Hence, A's final mark gets dragged down to 92 because of B.

I think thats how it works.
Thanks for that, makes sense I guess given the internals are moderated based upon te cohorts external performance. Given, it would still be beneficial to first overall, equal or not, than to rank > 1 wouldn't it?

I would say 93/94ish ATAR, but your English can go either way so it's hard to be very precise.
Thanks for the estimate, I'll do my best to ensure it goes the right way :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)