Half Yearly Results Thread (1 Viewer)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
LOL. Really?

What are the initials of my school? :p
What's the first names of the people you know?
EHBHS. I know miles,jordie, shane, etc from soccer and a few others from Primary.

I go to PPHS so that's how I know lol.

eat_well

HSC
English adv-10/20
I'm devastated. It seems that the less work people put in, the higher their mark becomes. I almost died editing and rewriting those essays. My rank has dropped dramatically.
I spent a good portion of lunchtime literally crying on my friend's shoulder. When did life become so unfair?

Aysce

HSC
English adv-10/20
I'm devastated. It seems that the less work people put in, the higher their mark becomes. I almost died editing and rewriting those essays. My rank has dropped dramatically.
I spent a good portion of lunchtime literally crying on my friend's shoulder. When did life become so unfair?
Life has always been unfair. You just have to stay strong and come back everytime you get knocked down.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! - Rocky :D

Keep trying!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Life has always been unfair. You just have to stay strong and come back everytime you get knocked down.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! - Rocky :D

Keep trying!
This is really true! Never give up and never bathe in Lethe.

Last edited:

nofate

HSC
So far:

Rank (Mark)
ME2 1/3 (68/70)
ME1 1/5 (68.5/70)

School rank is approximately 300.

Last edited:

eat_well

HSC

Keep trying!
Thank you for that. I think I might actually watch Rocky these holidays to get some more inspiration.

I ended up getting my comprehension back where I got 7/15. I'm so shattered at the moment, I don't know what the point of working hard is anymore. I will get back and hopefully smash the next English assessment. I just don't understand what happened...English used to be my best subject.

Aysce

HSC
Thank you for that. I think I might actually watch Rocky these holidays to get some more inspiration.

I ended up getting my comprehension back where I got 7/15. I'm so shattered at the moment, I don't know what the point of working hard is anymore. I will get back and hopefully smash the next English assessment. I just don't understand what happened...English used to be my best subject.
Yeah dw, everyone fails + its a personal motivator to push someone to their full potential. Reasons behind why I receive better results year by year is through:
- Failure
- Competition

Basically from failure, it makes you want to strive to your best. I remember earlier this year, my teacher came up to me in 4u and said that I should drop it because I flunked a mini-test. But come HYs, I was fully motivated and did pretty well in the exam, coming 2nd with 1 mark behind first.

Moral of the story: Just keep trying and you'll reap the rewards whether or not it be in HSC year or university. You probably already know this but perseverance is basically the key to success. Without it, even if you are naturally brilliant, it won't take you all the way.

Meshy590

HSC
english adv 40/45 (rank 3/230)
maths 63/70 (rank unknown)
maths ext 1 44/58 (rank unknown)
french continuers 82/100 (rank 1/4)
French ext 24/25 (rank unknown)
Chem and business: haven't got back yet, but pretty confident (Y)

HSC
Uni Grad
I already found out my Japanese results - 38%. I am beyond feeling crap and one of the answers that I gave that my teacher said it was correct, turned out to "be wrong" even though my teacher said it was correct. Frustrates the hell out of me. I have to aim for at least 70% to be satisfied.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
only gotten ext hist and math back. rank wise i did well, but failing to go 90%+ is absolutely cracking me with the amount of effort ive put in and the amount of pressure i put on myself. hopefully english modern and physics especially physics i killed.

teeah

HSC
The only one I shall share - 40/40 Chemistry = 1st = biggest fluke lol. :p

dakotah

HSC
Well, I haven't received any back yet, but Physics and Chemistry I probably failed, I studied for all of my exams but what I studied I couldn't apply to what the question asked. Eg. I revised that generators turned mechanical energy back into electrical energy, but the question had to do with the impacts in has on the environment. Ugh.

I do know my mark for maths though. 87%. Came first. Beat the person who came second by 13%. The average for the year group was less than 40%. I was coming 2/44 before the exam, now coming first. It was my goal.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I haven't received any back yet, but Physics and Chemistry I probably failed, I studied for all of my exams but what I studied I couldn't apply to what the question asked. Eg. I revised that generators turned mechanical energy back into electrical energy, but the question had to do with the impacts in has on the environment. Ugh.

I do know my mark for maths though. 87%. Came first. Beat the person who came second by 13%. The average for the year group was less than 40%. I was coming 2/44 before the exam, now coming first. It was my goal.
Sweet rank for maths :D
Lol, my physics exam was the opposite. Studied hard out for the effects on environment/society and there wasn't a single question on it :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)