Half Yearly Results (1 Viewer)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
This can be the Half Yearly Results Thread.

We all have our half yearlies at different times, but mine are over now. I will post my results when i get them back. Everyone feel free to share your results. :)

Good luck to the people who have yet to complete their exams, don't leave it to the night before to study.

Cheers. :uhhuh:

Last edited:
F

Fruitcake05

English - 58%
Maths - 82%
Maths Ext - 30%
Chem - 84%
Bio - 80%
Eco - 77%
Legal - 79%

I do jackshit in term 1, so Im kinda surprised by chem and bio, but it shows in maths ext and english.

1OO%

HSC
my score

maths: 96%
maths ext : 92%
physics: 89%
chem:88%
eng adv:60%
eng ext:65%
eco:83%
wot sub should i drop?

B.B.E.

HSC
half yearlies? we never get them....just a whole load of assesment tasks...

Do you think it is better off the assesment way or the half yearly?

jaywu

Jaywu
HSC
adv english - 76%
physics - 83%
chemistry - 92%
earth - 87%
software - 59%
mathematics - 96%
ext maths - 72%

I'm pleased with my results so far, i ain't looking forward to getting my ext maths result back though

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
English: 67% (The English faculty marks so hard and this is OK in terms of ranking. Top mark was something like 77% and A LOT of people failed)
Maths: 100% (The test was soooo easy or too easy. A lot of people got full marks as well. You can guess what the top mark was. I'm aspiring to get into Exension 2, so far so good)
Chemistry: 84% (I found the test rather easy, but I reckon it was marked a bit hard. Top mark was 86%)
Physics: 90% (I found the test relatively challenging and didn't expect that result. I'm proud of it. Top mark was 95%)
Biology: 75% (Hahaha, I know. Screwed it up. I found it rather hard. I couldn't remember much. I think the top mark was something like 94%. I plan to drop this course by Year 12)
Fundamentals of English: 88% (LOL! I hate this course the most and I did not even bother studying for it! I studied or had practice for every other course except this one! I totally BSed my answers in the test and after the test I said to myself "I don't care how low I get that stupid test". I think that was the top mark in whole grade HA! Definitely not taking it in Year 12 though)

Will I do better than this in the End of Course exams? Wait and see...

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
OMG, do you guys have separate exams for Mathematics and Mathematics Extension? (i.e a 2 unit exam and an Extension exam?) In my school, we only have one combined Mathematics Extension exam. In other words all the 2 unit stuff and 3 unit stuff are combined into one exam.

jaywu

Jaywu
HSC
Trebla said:
OMG, do you guys have separate exams for Mathematics and Mathematics Extension? (i.e a 2 unit exam and an Extension exam?) In my school, we only have one combined Mathematics Extension exam. In other words all the 2 unit stuff and 3 unit stuff are combined into one exam.
Yeah my school does. It sucks so bad coz they place both exams close to each other, so i have to balance my time with both exams more evenly.

mel4dan

English Adv - 80% (This test was absolute crap - multiple choice in english!! and others got theirs revised and got more marks which was not fair to the whole year, however overall it was a good result, somewhere in the top 15 ive been told)
Mathematics - 97% (2nd in the year - top mark was 99%)
Chemistry - 97% (Originally equal 1st, but then beaten by 0.5% in the end when they were revised to make me 2nd!!)
Biology - 82% (I got the top markby 5%!!! Im so happy with this even though its a low mark, however the test was very difficult as it was based on the old syllabus)
Earth and Enviro - 95% (This was also the top mark for this subject - quite a good test)
Modern History - 97% (I was stoked with this result!! It was the top mark by 7% so i was literally jumping up and down!! - quite a hard exam too)
Maths Ext - 81% (This was another top mark, even though i would like better. But im happy, i honestly thought i failed it when i came out of the exam)

So overall i was really happy, i topped it in maths ext, modern history, biology and earth & enviro. I only got beaten by 2% in the maths paper and then 0.5% in the chemistry!! And english...well i went well but hey, english aint my subject!!

mel4dan

B.B.E. said:
half yearlies? we never get them....just a whole load of assesment tasks...

Do you think it is better off the assesment way or the half yearly?

half yearlies really suss out those who know their work from those who dont. the half yearlies are still assessments, but when it comes down to it, they provide a better picture of the top students from the bottom students. this is because in some assessment tasks, some kids just get other people to do their work or just plagarise. others go really bad in assessments because they havent been bothered to do them, yet they know their work and go well in exams. therefore i believe a mixture of both half-yearlies and other assessments is the best way to assess someone as they provide the necessary information to the teachers as to who is capable and who really isnt. :eek:

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
So far i have got:

Maths Extension 1 70%,
Math 2unit, 76%,
English 75%,
Ancient history 78%,

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i hate you all so much.

"oh look at me i tried in exams that DON'T MEAN JACKSHIT!"

whereas i'm sitting here facing my third exam in three days with another one on thursday that does count and i am chronically procrastinating and seriously dudes just calm down. who cares if you "know your stuff" in year 11. our dux looks like he wore himself out in year 11 and for what? save it for year 12

mel4dan

glycerine said:
i hate you all so much.

"oh look at me i tried in exams that DON'T MEAN JACKSHIT!"

whereas i'm sitting here facing my third exam in three days with another one on thursday that does count and i am chronically procrastinating and seriously dudes just calm down. who cares if you "know your stuff" in year 11. our dux looks like he wore himself out in year 11 and for what? save it for year 12

i think they do mean something. especially to the teachers. and just because you think its ok to procrastinate doesnt mean everyone else feels the same way. no one ever suggested that we are doing anything crazy, we just thought we would be allowed to share our marks. :cool:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh please honey, i live with a teacher and i can tell you that long term when it gets down to it, year eleven means jack shit. i never said it was 'okay' to procrastinate, are you fucking stupid or something? do you think i *enjoy* being stressed out of my head at the moment? fuckwit.

share all you want, but you know what? my two major projects with full marks in yr 11 ancient and legal? they mean NOTHING now. all the assessments i studied my arse off for in english when i was in yr 10? i don't even remember what they were about and ultimately it was all just a waste of effort.

mel4dan

glycerine said:
oh please honey, i live with a teacher and i can tell you that long term when it gets down to it, year eleven means jack shit. i never said it was 'okay' to procrastinate, are you fucking stupid or something? do you think i *enjoy* being stressed out of my head at the moment? fuckwit.

share all you want, but you know what? my two major projects with full marks in yr 11 ancient and legal? they mean NOTHING now. all the assessments i studied my arse off for in english when i was in yr 10? i don't even remember what they were about and ultimately it was all just a waste of effort.

oh think what you want. to some people they do mean something and just because you dont doesnt make it any different. and it certainly sounded as though you thought it was ok to procrastinate, otherwise you wouldnt brag on about it and do it in the first place. its your own fault if your stressed out because you caused the problem in the first place by procrastinating.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
INXS said:
This can be the Half Yearly Results Thread.

We all have our half yearlies at different times, but mine are over now. I will post my results when i get them back. Everyone feel free to share your results. :)

Good luck to the people who have yet to complete their exams, don't leave it to the night before to study.

Cheers. :uhhuh:
hmm...this is what i have so far (we havent done them all yet)
Maths: 62% *cries* in actual fact that was about the average mark...and it's a step up from my abysmal result last test... but still...i really tried this time!!!! aaaah!
English: 93% :p
History: 95% *victory dance*
Biology: 93% a VERY unexpected result, I thought i was in for a fail. but no! yay!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
HarryKozy said:
oh think what you want. to some people they do mean something and just because you dont doesnt make it any different. and it certainly sounded as though you thought it was ok to procrastinate, otherwise you wouldnt brag on about it and do it in the first place. its your own fault if your stressed out because you caused the problem in the first place by procrastinating.
when you're applying for university then see how much your brilliant year 11 marks mean. by all means be happy you've got them but don't kid yourself into thinking it means something.

of course it's my own fault i'm stressed, i never denied that. but the fact that the majority of hsc students [particularly those wishing to get into courses with high cutoffs] feel the same way about now suggests something.

so drop the pretentious, condescending bullshit.

mel4dan

glycerine said:
when you're applying for university then see how much your brilliant year 11 marks mean. by all means be happy you've got them but don't kid yourself into thinking it means something.

of course it's my own fault i'm stressed, i never denied that. but the fact that the majority of hsc students [particularly those wishing to get into courses with high cutoffs] feel the same way about now suggests something.

so drop the pretentious, condescending bullshit.

why dont you stop the "pretentious, condescending bullshit"

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
because you are teh n00b and i am better than you you lameass, tightly wound fangirl idiot :p

mel4dan

glycerine said:
because you are teh n00b and i am better than you you lameass, tightly wound fangirl idiot :p
ok whatever.....you obviously do think you are better than everyone else. :eek:

fangirl??? thats lame

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)