Half yearlys start tomorrow (1 Viewer)

smiley100

HSC
The half yearlys start tomorrow for me and i haven't even done much study..been writing studt notes for advanced english and man, some stuff is hard! hey..for the hsc does anyone know if we have to mentioned texts we haven't studied in class but in texts of our own choosing??? cuz in my english exam tomorrow i got to for section 3 menton 2 texts of my own choosing, as well as peter skryznecki's immigrant chronicle plus a text from board of studies stimulus booklet. and for this question it's gotta be a radio panel interview! i'd so rather write an essay..so little time...exam tomorrow and haven't even finished preparing for section 3 or even started section 4!!! gonna be a long day.

jayson

HSC
yeh ehehhe

good luk mate...u need all of it...

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
smiley100 said:
The half yearlys start tomorrow for me and i haven't even done much study..been writing studt notes for advanced english and man, some stuff is hard! hey..for the hsc does anyone know if we have to mentioned texts we haven't studied in class but in texts of our own choosing??? cuz in my english exam tomorrow i got to for section 3 menton 2 texts of my own choosing, as well as peter skryznecki's immigrant chronicle plus a text from board of studies stimulus booklet. and for this question it's gotta be a radio panel interview! i'd so rather write an essay..so little time...exam tomorrow and haven't even finished preparing for section 3 or even started section 4!!! gonna be a long day.
depends on the conditions set in ur school really. My school allows u to use any content you've used in previous assessments or studied in class, hence making the tedious analysis or related texts less demanding. I suppose you can only hope your school offers that same luxury.

smiley100

HSC
survived exam no.1

Thanks guys for being very encouraging.
I've been getting notes of the net for drama..thatz on tuesday. anyone else out there got halfy yrlys at the moment? if so, how r u going?
it'll be ova soon:)..yay!

smiley100

HSC
don't worry

hey dont worry..hugs to you pixy!
i hope you don't feel heaps bad..in my english i did a pathetic essay cuz was running out of time...hsc isn't everything..there's life after it k? hope u feel better.

babibelle

HSC
yep. half yearliez

yep.. we start half yearliez after the easter long weekend, which is a killer coz that means we have 2 study the whole long weekend.. dammit.. ive been stressing my brainz out & wanna go out.. damn you hsc!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
hehe trinity starts week day next term...which means we have to study during the holidays, depending on how committed we are to our study, which is a mega bummer

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
if you find yourself short of related texts and you have limited time for preparation...a suggestion is to use songs and poems, or maybe short stories - the take up the least time to analyse i reckon

steffo

steph
HSC
you will have to use a booklet text and one or more found texs of your choosing.
it is, as someone has already advised, easy to use a song. obviously one that suits your topic and you can relate techniques of the song (ie. musical style, lyrics, contrast, soft and loud volume, instruments, etc) to the inner journey.
i'm using mother mother by tracey bonham, but blink 182 are common to use.
listen to songs u like and find the inner journey in them.
then make a table of techniques and quotes used in each text- cosi especially, then your chosen booklet text (journey to the interior is great) and then work out two found texts just in case they want more than one.
that's my hot tips. it had worked for me in the past.
make sure u keep your tables and study notes since you will definately need them later.

good luck! im starting exams next week. first up is area of study english. party down!

vas y molo

I passed my English exam for this term....thats all I wanted. well no, i wanted 7/15 and i got 8 hahaah woo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)