• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Half Yearlys (1 Viewer)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
is every1 prepared for the half yearlys????

im not.. our new teacher is forever away with the yr 11 legal classes on excursions n stuff.. things we never got.

today we sat in class discussing our ex legal studies teacher n how we thought he was gay... n also about the big spas every1 is having over the formal coz it got changed n most people have schoolies booked then...
we are so behind with everything....i dont know what i am doing!!!!

thanks BOS.... i swear bos is a lifesaver!!!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'm ready. My Law/Soc, Human Rights, Crime and Family notes are done. I'll start summarising the summaries soon and then doing questions probably tonight actually.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ziff
I'm ready. My Law/Soc, Human Rights, Crime and Family notes are done. I'll start summarising the summaries soon and then doing questions probably tonight actually.
geek :p

i'm only semi ready ...what sucks is that we are still learning stuff thats in our exam

ewwwww

Ziff

HSC
N/A
We were...

Our teacher said on Monday basically "you need to know everything we've done upto now in Family but nothing more" I was like "SWEET FUCKING ZOMBIES!!!"

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
bahahahah are u serious ziff.!!!??

we only have to know the topic crime!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeha but our half-yearly also includes law/soc, human rights and crime...

Last edited:

Gemstone

Our halfyearly has Law/Society Human rights and Family Law but only our l/s human rights stuff will be assessible the essays just for practice. It'll still be a 2 hour exam though.

mellytay

My halfyearly is on Criminal law and family law...i have a choice on what option topic i want to do...I've still got one core topic which is the law and society one...neone recommend an option topic i should do..which is interesting...well interesting enough for a one student class

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Yeha but our half-yearly also includes law/soc, human rights and crime...
same

how long is your paper? i think ours is 2 hours

mellytay

i don't have a clue...no one has been told...but i would imagine that it's 2hours

= Jennifer =

HSC
we have done law and society, human rights, crime and shelter
in our exam it will be on all the topics except shelter
ours is 2.5 hrs

2 crime structured responses, multiple choice, short answers

stuff

I can't believe your summerising your summeries. I don't think I'll ever be organised enough to enjoj that privillege (I think thats how you spell that)

Originally posted by SKA
is every1 prepared for the half yearlys????

im not.. our new teacher is forever away with the yr 11 legal classes on excursions n stuff.. things we never got.

today we sat in class discussing our ex legal studies teacher n how we thought he was gay... n also about the big spas every1 is having over the formal coz it got changed n most people have schoolies booked then...
we are so behind with everything....i dont know what i am doing!!!!

thanks BOS.... i swear bos is a lifesaver!!!
Same with our new legal studies teacher. He is constantly waiting for the people in our class to catch up or what ever which is cool but I think that he doesn't realise that he will forever be waiting for them- they're very distracted. Last years teacher ensured that we were ahead of our time frame (we started crime last year) and believe it or not, heading into the half yearlies, we are actually behind it now. I think I'm going to cry...

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
ha!
i guess my class is up to date.... thats only coz my teacher is forever just talking.... and talking........ and talking.........
he doesnt wait for any to catch up..for what is there to wait for?!!!?!?
we just listen to him talk.....and talk.... and talk...
so we sit, half falling asleep while he talks.. and talks....... and talks....
i swear, once i fell asleep coz i was so tired, but he hardly noticed because he was too busy talking... and talking.. and talking.......
im kinda behind because i havent finishes my summaries... but thats coz there's hardly no work to do for we just have to listen to him talk..... and talk.............. and talk.............
hey, do you think its contagious when someone talks........and talks........ and talks...........
that it makes you just wanna talk.......and talk............and talk............
but i dont have that problem because in legal studies i dont get to talk because our teacher is forever talking....and talking............and talking..........
while i catch up on my works-and some z's while he talks.....................
and talks...............
and talks..........................

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by stuff
I can't believe your summerising your summeries. I don't think I'll ever be organised enough to enjoj that privillege (I think thats how you spell that)

Same with our new legal studies teacher. He is constantly waiting for the people in our class to catch up or what ever which is cool but I think that he doesn't realise that he will forever be waiting for them- they're very distracted. Last years teacher ensured that we were ahead of our time frame (we started crime last year) and believe it or not, heading into the half yearlies, we are actually behind it now. I think I'm going to cry...

dont worry.. we will be fine.

my class doesnt have to do the effectiveness and law reform coz we havent covered that yet..lol.. should be good!

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
oh today was a crackup!!!
paying out our ex teacher.. the whole class was pissin themself n then the chiq in my class that laufs like a seagul started laufing so we all started laufing more.. n then my frend fell off her chair in slow motion.. hahahah ... i couldnt breathe

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by stuff

Why not? it's called an executive summary! good stuff, you read it the night before and on the day of the exam just to get your memory jogging :)

Gemstone

Yeah I'm going to start summarising my summaries. My family Law summary is about 30 pages but it's heaps detailed. Plus it's really daunting come HSC if you've gotta read 30 pages of notes for each subject. Anyway i'm thinking I'll just go on the sylabus points and put the main point or trigger stuff. I should get it done by half years as it's my last exam.

Gems

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
meh... i have to teach myself the whole bloody topic... coz u can pretty much say that my teacher sketched ova it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)