HALP please !! (1 Viewer)

changeofheart

HSC
For someone who is an expert in ext 1 english sci-fi..
'In three sentences, define sci-fi genre."
I don't know how I can summarize it in such a small reference! :(
Thanks for helping!

EDIT: okay i came up with this, its pretty lengthy and verbose.. but tell me what you think, thanks!

The science fiction genre pertains to the broad field of scientific discoveries, developments and environmental changes that form part of the plot or background of a literary or cinematic text. Science fiction texts aim to manipulate ideas from past or present situations often to presage the produce of the advancing curve of science and technological growth, and thus are typically set in the future, in space or a completely different dimension or universe. The science fiction genre also interrelates the negative and/or positive effects and influences of scientific impacts on humanity with the potential of an anti-utopian society.

Last edited:
K

khorne

Shut the fuck up. Do your own homework you dumbarse. I will however, define useless fucking arsehole in one word: changeofheart

As part of being not banned all the time:

You should not make homework help questions, and if you do, at least show what you have done for others to help you with. Your attitude is not one conducive to learning. Please show more regard in the future. Love Khorne

Last edited by a moderator:
K

khorne

your definition is ok, but a little too specific. Think about broader things, like values, morals, ideas, themes etc. not just setting and exploration of science

Deathless

HSC
For someone who is an expert in ext 1 english sci-fi..
'In three sentences, define sci-fi genre."
I don't know how I can summarize it in such a small reference! :(
Thanks for helping!

EDIT: okay i came up with this, its pretty lengthy and verbose.. but tell me what you think, thanks!

The science fiction genre pertains to the broad field of scientific discoveries, developments and environmental changes that form part of the plot or background of a literary or cinematic text. Science fiction texts aim to manipulate ideas from past or present situations often to presage the produce of the advancing curve of science and technological growth, and thus are typically set in the future, in space or a completely different dimension or universe. The science fiction genre also interrelates the negative and/or positive effects and influences of scientific impacts on humanity with the potential of an anti-utopian society.
it's a start

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)