hamlet and r&g (1 Viewer)

Nelly_04

HSC
i really need some help with this whole hamlet r/g transformation thing......i know the values and themes, but don't understand what we're meant to do with them. Is this topic meant to be a comparison between the texts?

any help would be much appreciated

Menendez

Tomorrow I am writing my essay....AHH! But I assume you are not, so I will post my essay up for you. Whether its any good or not...no, I think I've got a handle on it. Yeah, its a comparison between the two, or RECONTEXTUALISATION. But you're supposed to write 1/3 on ham and 2/3 on RAGAD so....
I'll send you my essay?
:)

Kortni

Ok, maybe i'm lost. But i was under the impression that we were studying the transformation of RAGAD from Hamlet, not necessarily comparing the two...

slipper

HSC
we haven't done it yet, but aren't you meant to be comparing the values of each society as it produced the text?
i could be completely wrong though.

Kortni

*lost*

I was and am under the impression that we are looking at RAGAD as a transformation of Hamlet. I spose you can compare the two, but aren't you meant to talk about the transformation more so?

slipper

HSC
Hmm.
Okay, but don't you look at the culture that produced "Hamlet" and then look at the culture that produced "R and G" and provide reasons for its transformation?

Kortni

*cries*

Yeah you do. I just read a post from a previous thread.

"You're studying how hamlet is transformed into ros& guild, and why those transformations are appropriate, relating it to context"

I spose we did do that, but we focused more so on techniques and such that i forgot what we were even transforming.

Nelly_04

HSC
Originally posted by Menendez
Tomorrow I am writing my essay....AHH! But I assume you are not, so I will post my essay up for you. Whether its any good or not...no, I think I've got a handle on it. Yeah, its a comparison between the two, or RECONTEXTUALISATION. But you're supposed to write 1/3 on ham and 2/3 on RAGAD so....
I'll send you my essay?
:)

yes please!!! that would be very helpful!

rain_28

ahhhhhhh im doing my essay in approximately 10 hours

someone send to meeeeeeeeeeeee except i know no ones on9 anyway

um yeah its supposed to be ragad is a transformation and we're supposed to compare the two saying wots diff and wots changed and stuff. ...

lol..im supposed to be in yr 12 and im saying "and stuff" :eek:

white_jellybean

Hope this helps clear things up

I've already studied R&G and Hamlet. From what I know - we are studying the transformation but we have to study the values, themes and contexts as well to see how/why they are transformed.

For example the themes in Hamlet are very different to the ones in R & G so we have to say how there different and why -

why figure out why from the context. - R & G is written in a "pessimistic society" and the people of this time dont depend on religion as much. this may be one reason why the themes have changed.

I hope this is some help on how you are suppose to study and analyse the transformation texts. My notes still have to be put on this computer so I can post them - but I will put them up when I can. ;)

:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)