hamlet and RAGAD (1 Viewer)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
our teacher gave us the 2 to read over the holidays. is there anything i should be taking note of as im reading? when i read my other texts we had to read it all and then do exercises on each chapter. because i read the whole book first, i forgot to mark key lines and quotes and thus forgot about what to include in classwork, essays etc... What should I be looking for as I read through these 2 texts?
Thanks

kini mini

HSC
I did those :)

I recommend reading the syllabus first to get a good idea what you need to extract from the two texts. Read Hamlet, then RAGAD, making brief notes along the way if you have to, but then re-read both to make serious notes.

I have some notes on Hamlet/RAGAD I'll spread around after I get back to my PC...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by ezzy85
What should I be looking for as I read through these 2 texts?
Thanks
Read Hamlet first, then read R+G
I also recommend u watch one of the Hamlet movies, and hopefully ur school gets to watch both plays live, so u get a better feel of wat it's like on stage

The module is transformations, so thats pretty self-explanitory - look for ideas/themes/characters that Stoppard has used and transformed for a modern audience

xanadu2428

HSC
N/A
U should purchase a hamlet and ros and guil r dead study guide that will have the major themes and issues to take note of in those.... thats what i did. Also look out for the transformation of culture and contemporary philosophies- but hey i think the main idea is to understand basics this holidays get the book understood and then ur teacher will go thru in in depth..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)