hamlet and ros and guil (1 Viewer)

jordie4

HSC
hey,

has any one done the transformation of hamlet and rosencrantz and guildenstern and have any notes or have any advice when it comes to reading them, as i have to do it over the holidays YAY but it'll be good to get a start on transformations anything would be great

jordie

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Reading the texts multiple times is a good idea.

When I did it in class, I didn't start off looking at transformations as we built up our knowledge of the texts and we concentrated on the context and characters and the such and make sure you are able to compare them. Use a study guide. It helps ! ^^

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
I saw both texts as a play and it was absolutely amazing, seeing them performed helps heaps. Maybe you could consider that later, it's worth it;)

I totally agree with sle3pe3bumz. Re-reading the text, using study guides and knowledge from other people. Within both Hamlet and Ros and Guil there is a lot of irony and sexual innudendo that you may not get reading it the first time round(particularly since you're reading it without a teacher who would explain it), so maybe reading it with a group of friends + someone who's done Ros and Guil (like a former student) might help explain things.

Study guides are helpful and so is searching on the net. There are heaps of study guides including Excel, Cambridge Hamlet [best guide for Hamlet IMO - gives the best contextual understanding and some really lovely quotes,] Sparknotes, Topnotes etc.

You could also read other people's essays to get more of an understanding on the requirements of the module and the texts.

Hope this helps.
:):)

jordie4

HSC
thanks soo much, im up to about act 2 scene 2 and i am really enjoying it, which is good although i havent touched it in the past week or so, but thank you :) i shall look at those websites and get some more contextual info etc. when i can =] but thanks heaps, i really appreciate it.. and although i havent started ros and guil yet, im looking forward to it :)

love and smiles
jordie xoxo

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)