hamlet essay intro (1 Viewer)

laurenchapple

HSC
hi, i have an english exam next week and i have started writting my essay today, just wondering if my introduction makes sense and is relevant to the question?

question: "texts are never objective: they convey a sense of what is impotant in the lives of both the composer and the responder." In the play 'Hamlet', what is values by the composer and the responder?

William Shakespeare's composition of subjective texts portray his point of view on the world around him, mirroring the concerns of the Elizabethan times. Shakespeare masterfully explores the notion of human existance both relevant to an Elizabethan and Contemporary audience, through his revenge tragedy "Hamlet". This notion is highlighted through the thematic concerns of mortality, verisimilitude, and corruption upon individuals and society as a whole. This is driven by the values of the importance of life, trust and honesty, and integrity and honour, all of which werw significant in the Elizabethan era. The use of conventional revenge tragedy devices including soliloquies, metaphors, imagery, revenge tragedy device of the ghost, symbolism and motifs further examine the importance of these ideas to both the composer and the responder.

Thankyou :)

thetoygang

HSC
Your intro is just a long list of techniques and themes. IMO focus more on introducing how the key themes of Hamlet are based on perspective and interpretations by the audience and less about authorial intent through the of moral values and techniques. Maybe add some context in your body in how the central themes of Hamlet and relate to modern society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)