Hamlet Predictions (1 Viewer)

buriza

conviction
HSC
lol I'm going to fail because I have no idea what happens in the play beyond Hamlet and Claudius :( :( :(
Should be fine, unless you get a question on female characters. :p For most questions though you should be talking about Hamlet the most as a character.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Actually I remember seeing it in the movie... "Hamlet is a movie by Shakespeare."

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
My personal predictions are:
-Gender differences
-Choosing 2 characters and discussing about them
-Choosing 2 scenes and discussing a particular concept, most likely something broad
-Morality and uncertainty.
Yeah I'm betting it'll be on morality / uncertainty, something to do with Hamlet the character being conflicted etc. etc.
Morality and uncertainty would definitely be 2 good predictions.

HSC 2014 - REVENGE, REFER TO GIVEN EXTRACT
HSC 2013 - CORRUPTION, TIME AND PLACE
HSC 2012 - Inherent tension between CONFRONTATION and RESOLUTION, CHARACTERISATION
HSC 2011 - ENDING/CLOSING SCENE
HSC 2010 - DRAMATIC TREATMENT of STRUGGLE and DISILLUSIONMENT
HSC 2009 - HUMAN EXPERIENCE, LOYALTY

Also, I expect that they won't include a scene this year (unlikely for them to provide an extract for 2 consecutive years but I could be wrong).

Morality would be an interesting one - a difficult question to answer if you're unprepared.

Uncertainty is clearly a big one, seeing how teachers always refer to the notion of Appearance v Reality when teaching Hamlet.

Mortality is another significant one - the graveyard scene (Yorick's skull and all) is a significant part of the play.

Ekman

HSC
Just had a thought right now, what about innocence and morality?

teridax

HSC
N/A
lol wtf - why bother making these hamlet predictions

seems to me that most ppl are memorising a generic for hamlet and hoping it will adapt because it won't work lmao

Ekman

HSC
Guys don't forget to study mortality, im having a feeling that it may be asked.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Guys don't forget to study mortality, im having a feeling that it may be asked.
I am dearly hoping for a question on mortality, and I reckon it's actually quite likely

spatula232

HSC
If for some stupid reason they ask for reference to two characters, can you just do 1 paragraph on 1 character and like 4 on Hamlet?

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
If for some stupid reason they ask for reference to two characters, can you just do 1 paragraph on 1 character and like 4 on Hamlet?
It is suggested to have an equal discussion on both. Having said that, I personally believe that Hamlet should get a little bit more light, and with five paragraphs, probably three with Hamlet, and two for the other.

mrpotatoed

HSC
markers notes last year say they were annoyed that people only talked about hamlet

reference to another character seems likely

PhysicsMaths

HSC
markers notes last year say they were annoyed that people only talked about hamlet

reference to another character seems likely
Interesting.
Anyone tempted to write about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern??

risk it for the biscuit?

Ekman

HSC
Anyone think that the essay question will be about 'action vs inaction' or 'hamlet's plot for revenge'? I feel like it wont since they asked it last year but im not entirely sure.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Anyone think that the essay question will be about 'action vs inaction' or 'hamlet's plot for revenge'? I feel like it wont since they asked it last year but im not entirely sure.
They already did both of those in the past three years. I really doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)