Hamlet quotes (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
1.Does time and place mean context+setting?
2. wtf is human experience LOL
3. wtf is love and rivalryoftroll
Love:
claudiusbangsgertrude4dayzzzz
i lahb yu ohphelibaby
Rivalry:
Fortinbrahhhh- gib land back pls
Laertes- 1v1 me

How long does the essay have to be or not to be?
LIJ would be a way better BoSer to ask about Hamlet stuff :haha: but my thoughts are...

1. For time, I know there's been 2 main different approaches from my friends - I know people who interpreted it as ''I need to mention contextual stuff'' while others thought of the progression of time in the actual play e.g. scene by scene or like corruption is peaking at the start and order is restored by the end of the play.

I did a mix of both I think for my HSC exam. Context + the progression of ''time'' within the play.

I recommend you read the markers' stuff and marking criteria and whatever on the Board of Studies website for the HSC 2013 Hamlet question to get a good idea on the best approach.

2. Yeah, look at markers' stuff on the Board of Studies website for the HSC 2009 Hamlet question. I can't give you an accurate answer :p

3. Yeah, that's how I'd interpret it as well.

The love between Gertrude and Claudius (questionable love kinda), the love between Ophelia and Hamlet and even possibly the love between Gertrude and Hamlet (familial love) that becomes disrupted due to their arguments as Hamlet criticises his mother.

The rivalry between Hamlet and Claudius (Divine Right of Kings, the ''Great'' Chain of Being, who should be the ruler?) or Hamlet and Laertes/Fortinbras (you can say that both of these guys are like Hamlet's FOIL CHARACTERS - Hamlet is indecisive in his vengeance, he contemplates heaps and has little resolve.. he hesitates... meanwhile Laertes is willing to kill Hamlet for vengeance without hesitation... Fortinbras is willing to sacrifice the many lives of his army to get back his land without any hesitation....)

Good idea is to ask your teacher or tutor about the way they'd approach this question.

4. In trials, I spent 40 minutes on Hamlet (and 40 minutes on Mod A, 40 minutes on mod C) but I'm not too sure on word count.
In the HSC, I spent only 30 minutes on Hamlet cause I did it last (when I saw ''CORRUPTION'', I was like ''I legit only have 1 proper body paragraph prepped on corruption'' so looks like I'll just do it last :haha:) and I went overboard for Mod A (50 minutes) and did the normal time for mod C (40 minutes). I reckon my essay was probs 700 words around LOL - I wrote like 2 giant body paragraphs. Not sure what my raw marks were for each section in Paper 1 and Paper 2 (but I assume belonging creative section and Hamlet were my worst sections for the HSC... funnily enough, Hamlet was my best essay in Paper 2 for trials) but I got a 91 exam mark for Adv Eng so take my advice as you will.

I reckon 950-1050 words for Hamlet is good. 1000-1200 words would be great if you can handle it - all depends on your writing and moulding speed.

My prepared essay was around 1200-1300 words but I'd usually take out a paragraph that didn't suit the question (took out 2 paragraphs for the more specific HSC question).

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
LIJ would be a way better BoSer to ask about Hamlet stuff

4. In trials, I spent 40 minutes on Hamlet (and 40 minutes on Mod A, 40 minutes on mod C) but I'm not too sure on word count.
In the HSC, I spent only 30 minutes on Hamlet cause I did it last (when I saw ''CORRUPTION'', I was like ''I legit only have 1 proper body paragraph prepped on corruption'' so looks like I'll just do it last :haha:) and I went overboard for Mod A (50 minutes) and did the normal time for mod C (40 minutes). I reckon my essay was probs 700 words around LOL - I wrote like 2 giant body paragraphs. Not sure what my raw marks were for each section in Paper 1 and Paper 2 (but I assume belonging creative section and Hamlet were my worst sections for the HSC... funnily enough, Hamlet was my best essay in Paper 2 for trials) but I got a 91 exam mark for Adv Eng so take my advice as you will.

I reckon 950-1050 words for Hamlet is good. 1000-1200 words would be great if you can handle it - all depends on your writing and moulding speed.

My prepared essay was around 1200-1300 words but I'd usually take out a paragraph that didn't suit the question (took out 2 paragraphs for the more specific HSC question).
I can't write fast :( Only like <20 WPM under exam conditions T_T

it's that time of the month
I'll ask her in a week or so :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)