Hamlet.. (1 Viewer)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
Hey

I have to write an essay on the dramatic techniques used in Hamlet and critical perspectives of the play. Anyway, as easier question as this may sound i still seem to be struggling. Aside from the obvious dramatic techniques, is there any i could be missing?

Does anyone know any good resources for Hamlet or on the soliloquies?

Thank you :)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
the essay question is just about dramatic techniques.

so far: play-within-the-play, ghost, corrupt/rotten world, soliloquies, antic disposition... i think thats all i have. i also need to talk about the context, setting, performance etc.

is there any others i have missed?

pman

Banned
HSC
the way he builds suspense then releases it suddenly, not sure what its called

rkeikei

HSC
N/A
the way he builds suspense then releases it suddenly, not sure what its called
anticlimax?

Mm, maybe dramatic irony? That is when the audience knows something the characters don't.

Last edited:

R1NA92

HSC
there's dramatic irony
doubling - where in the physical state of a play one actor would play 2 conflicting roles such as the same person playing King Hamlet and Claudius
antithesis - similar to oxymorons, but instead of words side by side it's phrases - e.g. 'to be or not to be'
foils - a character that serves to mirror the opposite qualities in that of another character. e.g. Laertes and Hamlet - do-er vs. thinker

and in terms of perspectives, you can take a look at historical change over time..
like through 18th century - through to modernist views, feminist views, freudian views, poststructuralist views.

goodluck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)