Handwriting (1 Viewer)

historykidd

HSC
How long do HSC Markers read your work for before they give up and say fuck it? I'm concerned it could result in a loss of marks.

Thanks.

Last edited:

bored of school

HSC
Hmmm...Jeez I don't know that's a good question mate. Here's at tip, go fuck yourself :) Fucking square.

Gimlian

HSC
I've been told by a marker that they'd usually try to give you the benefit of a doubt and will try to decipher all you've written. If they can't read what you've written, it would be given to another marker to see.

Maybe, if the second marker feels shitted at your work, they won't bother having a third.

To save you and them the anguish, just try to write neater.

~untitled~

HSC
My english teacher is a marker, and she said that one persons work was so messy that they actually enlarged it into A3 so that they could read it... So they do go to great lengths to read what youve written

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Cem who has been a HSC marker for many years outlined how they handle hard to read writing when marking HSC exam papers. I can't remember where the post was located at the moment but it tells you exactly what they do.

Basically they do everything they can to work out what you have written and a few markers have a look at your script.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Our teachers at school said that if the marker can't read your writing, it'll get sent to a few other markers and then they'll give you a mark. But, if it's really bad and most markers can't read it, you lose marks. :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Yeah, they basically do everything in their power to ensure they can read it.

One of my HSC marker teachers said that if its really illegible, they give it to a special marker to type it up and then they give the typed version back to the marker to mark.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i was also told that if the gazillion other markers can't read it
then they call you in to read it out - a bit dodge but i guess its better than losing marks

HSC
I've been told that they just keep passing it around to the different markers.

IMO, after 2 markers look at it and can't read it, they should just mark the parts they can read, and let the student's marks suffer. In a way, this also rewards those who actually put the effort into their writing.

enzyme

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
IMO, after 2 markers look at it and can't read it, they should just mark the parts they can read, and let the student's marks suffer. In a way, this also rewards those who actually put the effort into their writing.
Haha, good point.
There's one guy at our school who uses a computer because his writing is so bad. And another guy, the best student in our grade, double spaces his writing to make it easier to read because it's not very neat... so if anyone's wondering how to make it easier to read for the remaining exams, try that: leave a line after every one you write. Sure, it takes up heaps of booklets, but at least you won't be stressing as much about your handwriting.

HSC
lol i'm a bit more relieved now >< my writing is horrendous! at the beginning it starts out quite nicely and ends up in a big heaps of scrawl..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)