• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Handwriting (1 Viewer)

Will it be possible to change my handwring in 2 weeks?

• Yes

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I'll upload when I'm bothered, I'm sure I've done it before around here but I don't remember

carpe_diem

HSC
I changed mine in 5 days.
Now i can't changed it back...
it is
ugly
as
hell
SAME! I changed mine while studying for prelim, and I can no longer write with my previous handwriting. But I'm happy with my current writing, so it's okay.

@Slyhunter, is that Niall from one direction as your avatar?

Last edited:

SunnyScience

HSC
tried writing slower?
This. Surely anybody can write neatly if they write slow enough. I think the real question is "How can I write neater without compensating time?".

Technique:
Step 1:Write at a slow enough pace so you get the desired form of your letter, that is, neatest.
Step 2: Repeat until it becomes second nature.
Step 3: Increase the speed at which you write in this style (decrease speed if you find it is starting to get messy again and then increase again)
Step 4: practice.

This method is now known as the SunnyScience Technique, since I just made it up then.
Copyright 2012.

Aysce

HSC
Returning to topic:

At the OP, as Sunny suggested, you should first write slowly in your desired font and then gradually increase speed so you can adapt to this new style and ultimately write better.

m.jakaran

HSC
You don't have to change it. From my experience, if you feel you can't write fast or legibly in an exam, there's one obvious solution. Just write big! Seriously, don't worry about how "pretty" it is and if they'll think that your a downer from its size, markers honestly don't care. In addition to improving speed and legibility, it will also seem like you have written more.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
You don't have to change it. From my experience, if you feel you can't write fast or legibly in an exam, there's one obvious solution. Just write big! Seriously, don't worry about how "pretty" it is and if they'll think that your a downer from its size, markers honestly don't care. In addition to improving speed and legibility, it will also seem like you have written more.
Write in cursive. Helps a huge deal.

deliciouscake

HSC
why don't you practice using a stencil everyday. I did that to be ambidextrous :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)