• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

happy mens mental health monthe (1 Viewer)

harperissleepy

HSC
"Men need to go to therapy"

Regards,
The gender that attempts suicide at a greater rate than men
not the gender that succeeds the most tho xx

men genuinely need to break out of their views that they can deal with things by themselves (w their mental and physical health) its not weak or pathetic to seek outside support

harperissleepy

HSC
Therapy is literally paying to argue with someone till you agree with them. They're expensive asf too. I ain't a combat veteran with PTSD and neither are most men. No need whatsoever.
you aren't most men tho and thats not true at all
have you been to therapy bro? idk what therapists you're seeing... and it isn't even necessarily therapy, there are other outside supports
its talking to friends and family about shit too, psychiatrists, help lines, etc

you don't have to be a war veteran to have ptsd either ☠ your statement is literally ridiculous
people who have been abused or gone through other traumatic events can 100% experience it too

I've had loads of female and male friends and I can tell you only about 4 of my male friends reached out for support, there have been a lot more girls I've talked to
I can see it in my parents too
its a societal norm

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Therapy is literally paying to argue with someone till you agree with them. They're expensive asf too. I ain't a combat veteran with PTSD and neither are most men. No need whatsoever.
It’s real though whether you want to believe in it or not. Men are pretty much taught to suppress their emotions, not seek or ask for help, like it doesn’t align with the male identity.

It is tough

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
simply a skill issue my dude

that, or women do it for attention, which means they're especially not people who should be giving advice to people

men genuinely need to break out of their views that they can deal with things by themselves (w their mental and physical health) its not weak or pathetic to seek outside support
But women are more messed up than men, so men doing what women do doesn't make sense because its obviously not working

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC

that, or women do it for attention, which means they're especially not people who should be giving advice to people

But women are more messed up than men, so men doing what women do doesn't make sense because its obviously not working
What 💀

no wonder why u don’t have a wife

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC

cos female suicide attempts are for attention seeking

youd think all the therapy women go to would stop them from doing dumb shit like that but evidently not

not exactly a good endorsement of therapy smh

harperissleepy

HSC
How do u know, u aren't a guy. Yeah okay outside support whatever, talking to your friends and fam are okay there's nothing wrong with that. But most people don't need to pay or use help lines lol.

I never said you had to be a war veteran to have PTSD. That was just an example I gave. Yeah of course if you've gone through traumatic events u should seek support. That's my whole point, if you're living a normal life there is almost 0 need to go to a therapist.

You ever thought that some people just don't want outside support? This is not ptsd, severe depression or whatever we're talking about right? The average person has no need for $300 dollar hourly sessions to talk to some guy.
bro therapy was not my point
you are misunderstanding what I said
I'm talking about the socially accepted mindset of most men and how they just don't seek out support from even family members or friends
you do not need therapy to be supported, but most guys will not be open with the people close to them
from my experience ☠ you might be diff idk IDC good for you if you do feel comfortable doing so tho
I never said everyone needed therapy or all men do, but yeah you can't ignore that there is a high high suicide rate for guys rn

harperissleepy

HSC
Not everything requires therapy. Talking to ur friends or family is more than enough in the case of most people. Unless you're actually dealing with some serious shit.
but you can't deny that in a lot of cases where people are severely depressed or suffer some other form of mental illness, professional help can be beneficial
not all friends or family members are able to deal with those sorts of issues and usually its pretty sensitive

harperissleepy

HSC
therapy has never worked for anyone ever
I disagree, I know quite a few people its worked for tbh its all about finding the right therapist who can support you without enabling negative behaviour/attitudes/whatever

therapy isn't done to cure people who are struggling, its to work out strategies to help people cope with what they're going through and experiencing

harperissleepy

HSC

'skill issue my dude' 🤓🤓🤓

idk what you're arguing about tbh like are you just going to deny that men have mental health issues I don't get it
both genders do, of course, but men tend to not want to seek professional help for lit everything
doctors, mental health professionals, yada yada
and that makes it worse
I'm not gonna repeat the stuff I said before its the same thing

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

'skill issue my dude' 🤓🤓🤓
look sweaty, women attempt suicide more than men, mostly for attention seeking reasons

does this sound like a picture of good mental health? Should men be trying to emotionally emulate these people?

liamkk112

HSC
look sweaty, women attempt suicide more than men, mostly for attention seeking reasons

does this sound like a picture of good mental health? Should men be trying to emotionally emulate these people?
1719453855211.png
true but males tend to go further, no one needs to emulate anyone else but you can't deny that there is a pretty serious mental health problem in australia. if it was as simple of a fix as just talking to friends and family, of which almost everyone has, then there wouldn't be an issue in the first place

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
View attachment 43489
true but males tend to go further, no one needs to emulate anyone else but you can't deny that there is a pretty serious mental health problem in australia. if it was as simple of a fix as just talking to friends and family, of which almost everyone has, then there wouldn't be an issue in the first place
The differences between men and women in this regard almost certainly are caused by inherent differnces between men and women and not due to women going to therapy or otherwise managing and expressing emotions better.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
I disagree, I know quite a few people its worked for tbh its all about finding the right therapist who can support you without enabling negative behaviour/attitudes/whatever

therapy isn't done to cure people who are struggling, its to work out strategies to help people cope with what they're going through and experiencing
"hey u having sad or negative thoughts have you tried not doing that or thinking about something else"

there saved you like $2000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)