• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

happy mens mental health monthe (1 Viewer)

harperissleepy

HSC
look sweaty, women attempt suicide more than men, mostly for attention seeking reasons

does this sound like a picture of good mental health? Should men be trying to emotionally emulate these people?
your first response is to say that I'm encouraging men to emulate women, when that is NOT what I'm trying to say
like girl idk what you're on abt but im saying guys should get help if they NEED it and shouldn't just bottle everything up

men and women deal with a lot of different issues
there are a multitude of reasons why women attempt, and I'm sure the majority of reasons why they're often unsuccessful is based on how they do it
lets be fr women are not as likely to use guns or more violent methods of suicide

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
yeah because telling a depressed person to stop being depressed and look on the bright side is so helpful
that's literally what therapy 60% is in a super circuitous and drawn out way

in reality its mostly a place for super neurotic and needy people to dump their boring feelings w/o having to alienate all their friends who would stop talking to them if they were the target of the whinging

doesn't make anyone better and it shouldnt be funded at all

HSC
that's literally what therapy 60% is in a super circuitous and drawn out way

in reality its mostly a place for super neurotic and needy people to dump their boring feelings w/o having to alienate all their friends who would stop talking to them if they were the target of the whinging

doesn't make anyone better and it shouldnt be funded at all
no it's because friends are not mental health professionals and if you had good friends they 1. wouldn't shun you because you're struggling, and 2. they would recommend therapy because friends are not a substitute for professional help

I have friends who go to therapy or regular psychologist visits because of past trauma, which btw is real and not an attention seeking thing since you like to think women fake it for attention, but they also talk to me about it and I don't consider it whinging nor do I intend to alienate them, the common denominator is that if you're struggling then it helps to talk it out with people who care about you, whether you're paying for these conversations or not, and whether the help is professional or not

and yeah the therapist client relationship is transactional and you're paying to be cared about, but you could say the same about doctors and lawyers who get paid to invest in your life and genuinely help you. therapy works but it doesn't work for everyone or in isolation and it depends on the therapist

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i assume you're going to say that women are to blame for this.
my point is that women like to lecture men about mental health and emotions and therapy, but they're not in a position to be doing this

and would it be bad if I were blaming women? Women blame men (for women's mistaken belief) that men have worse mental health than women, and I'm sure you're not offended by that

harperissleepy

HSC
my point is that women like to lecture men about mental health and emotions and therapy, but they're not in a position to be doing this

and would it be bad if I were blaming women? Women blame men (for women's mistaken belief) that men have worse mental health than women, and I'm sure you're not offended by that
wheres the lecturing??
do you speak for all men? no one here is saying mens mental health is worse than womens.... I think what most people are trying to say is that men often don't speak openly (to anyone) about their issues and that is actually not great for their mental health
you can't bottle shit up and expect it to be okay
I did that for 13 years of my life and then had a nervous breakdown, its a pretty obvious trend that not seeking help when you need it isn't good!

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
no it's because friends are not mental health professionals and if you had good friends they 1. wouldn't shun you because you're struggling, and 2. they would recommend therapy because friends are not a substitute for professional help

I have friends who go to therapy or regular psychologist visits because of past trauma, which btw is real and not an attention seeking thing since you like to think women fake it for attention, but they also talk to me about it and I don't consider it whinging nor do I intend to alienate them, the common denominator is that if you're struggling then it helps to talk it out with people who care about you, whether you're paying for these conversations or not, and whether the help is professional or not

and yeah the therapist client relationship is transactional and you're paying to be cared about, but you could say the same about doctors and lawyers who get paid to invest in your life and genuinely help you. therapy works but it doesn't work for everyone or in isolation and it depends on the therapist
a good friend who isnt a total tard is going to say pretty much the exact same shit as a therapist, probably even better bc they wont just sugar coat or draw it out over months for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

therapists arent these incredible ppl with amazing insights like you think most of them are about as perceptive as any non retard person

the difference is that irl people will turn against someone who complains and moans to them about their issues all the time, there are limits to how much you can complain to someone even if theyre a family member or a close friend before they shut you out or start to avoid you

therapists just get paid to do it so they become sim irl friendship emotional tampon for a lot of people who just love to kvetch and moan about their inane first world problems

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)