Happy with your Compositions? (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Who is actually happy with thier Compositions? I just finished my second one and it's going in on Monday, just doing the final touch-ups on the score. But everyone, bar one, at my school is doing one Comp (I'm the only one doing two) and quite a few don't seem to be happy with them. I love both of mine :) lol.

Tell us what you think about your own Composition, and state the name of the Comp if possible please. Alot of people would appreciate hearing them as it can be hard to pick a name. Mine is called: Spicy Ham.

Very Spicy!

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
hahaha wicked name for a comp.. i'm doing two as well.. there's only three people doing a compostition in my class...
i'm doing one for I+I.R for piano solo which i love in most sections (except i had to cut a section out which killed me) but it sounds so much better when i play it on the piano... i put it on sebalius and it sounds so bad there. it has no feeling when it's played there....
my other one is for small ensembles and i'm doing a string quartet with but with a violin, 2 violas and a cell with a timp and a piano... i really dislike it... evreytime i hear another strings composition i want to start over... bit late now though.. but i still like some of it...
can you post yours? i would too but i don't know how...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Can't post them before the Due date, otherwise if an HSC patrolman comes on, they may identify the song and report plagerism (if thats spelled right haha).

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
really? oo i didnt know that... i'm so eager to hear what everyones done!! post em up after hsc's done

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
k this may sound strange but i by accidently clicked on your name instead of the thread and saw your birthdays the same as mine! lol anyway good luck and i'll have a listen after hsc, thanks for that

BaSTaRD

HSC
I'm doing one only, and I'm quite alright with my compo XD

Composed for a Concert Band, 3 'movements' slow, quick, slow... Named it 'Landscape', I mean what a lame name. And true Sib. does a bad job for recordings, but we have to use it sadly...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
So your using Sib. as the recording source? Lol. That would suck, but at least theres nothing going to be different than the score in the recording. I did one of mine using partial electronically generated sounds (FL studio's drum sinth kicks ass) and live instruments run through a multi-tracker. The recording process was fun lol. The other (Now named "Samson cut his hair") was recorded using FL Studio 6 with custom synths and sounds.

Due in 1 day. :D. I hate the production diary. Hard to figure out what to write. How's everyone with cover sheets?

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
NO!!! guess what! i went to school today to finish off my two comps and the bloody computers are down, so i have to submit what i've got... murphy's bloody law...
oi i thought sibelius had good sounds for recording.. what's wrong with sebelius? aren't the sound sources pre-recorded from real intruments or something?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Lol. I'm using Finale cause I prefer the MIDI interface, used to use Sib. Sib may have sounds recorded from live instruments, but the instruments will still sound "plastic" and crappy because they aren't played by real people. They tend to only have one sample of a sound for one instrument, so when you have quieter dynamics, higher pitches, etc. you won't get the propper tonal qualities of the instruments being played. Plus, it's heaps of fun seeing your creation "coming to life" in the hands of real instruments haha.

Don't you have any notation software at home?

Last edited:

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
yeah i got sebalius, but all my stuff was saved at school... i know, i'm stupid for not saving it... i had to re-do what i've spent about 40 hours doing last week all over again...i finished at like 11.59...

good luck to all for your compositions!!!

r.uss

HSC
I'll post all three once everyones comps are actually sent in.

*shifty eyes*

Is a sibelius file the norm?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Yeah. I'd guess so. Not too many schools have any recording equipment. I'm just lucky my school is mainly music and arts based.

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
r.uss said:
I'll post all three once everyones comps are actually sent in.

*shifty eyes*

Is a sibelius file the norm?
Hmm don't you have to convert it onto an audio file?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
ness.xox said:
Weren't all compositions due on Monday?
Yeah, they were, but people may be late. I think 2 days after the due date is long enough. I'll post the link to my music myspace in a few minutes :D Spicy Ham will be uploaded then. Samson Cut his Hair will be along either later tonight or tomorrow.

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Yeah, they were, but people may be late. I think 2 days after the due date is long enough. I'll post the link to my music myspace in a few minutes :D Spicy Ham will be uploaded then. Samson Cut his Hair will be along either later tonight or tomorrow.
Aww awesome! I'm excited to hear what people have done with their compositions! I'll upload mine as soon as I'm bothered to transfer the file on my laptop lol
LOL at your composition titles they're cool! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)