Happy with your Compositions? (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
ness.xox said:
Aww awesome! I'm excited to hear what people have done with their compositions! I'll upload mine as soon as I'm bothered to transfer the file on my laptop lol
LOL at your composition titles they're cool! :p
Haha thanks. They both actually have references to other things. Samson Cut his hair refers to Samson and Goliath (dunno how to spell that). Spicy Ham is a similar name to Jools Holland's "T-bone Shuffle"... I figured out that reference after I called it Spicy Ham though. It was originally just written on the computer I was working on at school and I thought it would make a cool name haha.

Last edited:

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
yep, monday 9am...do u reckon it's safe to post them just yet? or should you wait till they've been marked?

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
was that just the practise submission? u didn't submit that did you?

hahaha nah jkz that was wicked, very funky... and it covers the concepts really well too...

well done!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Haha, Thanks. Samson cut His Hair will be longer then I thought. It's 4 minutes long exactly and that takes ages on myspace. Be tonight or monday lol.

Last edited:

r.uss

HSC
OKAY!

I also made a myspace for my compositions.

Please see: www.myspace.com/jauntedjingling

I've only uploaded my tango. Its for my core composition in Music 2. Unfortunately the recording isnt perfect... but it is energetic, at least...

It actually sounds (due to the performers missing A flats and what not) that I've modulated to the subdominant major... I TOTALLY DID NOT. It was supposed to be to the subdominant minor. SPEWIN EY.

Lets suffice it to say you'll all get the basic idea anyway.

r.uss

HSC
flchbulhcbuow said:
yep, monday 9am...do u reckon it's safe to post them just yet? or should you wait till they've been marked?
That is what I was worried about... I've been hearing some nasty stories from some schools that will remain anonymous. So I've only uploaded the recording on myspace.

I figure if anyone can transcribe every part of it before monday morning (they actually have to be sent off then...), then they deserve the mark more than I do...

I hyperbole.

But really...

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
that's wicked!!! dead set thats really really good, congrats... band 6 for that one...what program did u use to notate and record it?

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
r.uss said:
OKAY!

I also made a myspace for my compositions.

Please see: www.myspace.com/jauntedjingling

I've only uploaded my tango. Its for my core composition in Music 2. Unfortunately the recording isnt perfect... but it is energetic, at least...

It actually sounds (due to the performers missing A flats and what not) that I've modulated to the subdominant major... I TOTALLY DID NOT. It was supposed to be to the subdominant minor. SPEWIN EY.

Lets suffice it to say you'll all get the basic idea anyway.
Your composition sounds GREAT!!! I wouldn't be surprised if it was nominated for Encore :)! Are you thinking of doing anything music related next year?
I'm still figuring out how to attach midi files on here :/

r.uss

HSC
Oh thanks guys!!

- I used sibelius 5 to notate it. I'm really happy with how my scores look... good program.

- Well, the recording you heard was performed live at St James cathedral, so you'll have to ask the professionals there. Otherwise, for the other two (a string quartet and piano solo) I hired people in and recorded it at school. I might put them up soon. But only after my performances this friday. I've hardly a minute to spare...

- Yes, I'm hoping to study Composition at the conservatorium, but I'm still open to one particular degree at Sydney and maybe performance at NSW. What is everyone else's plan?!

And finally... can we see a few more compositions on here? They (i.e. the only other one) are really exciting!

Peace.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Hahahaha! My original thread!

How old it is! I was in school back then XD.

Well, I have some more compositions that I've created since then, and I thought I'd post them here. They are on Youtube.

I couldn't figure out a name for this one, so it's simply called 'Soundtrack'. It's meant to sound like a song that could fit into an epic movie of some description.
[youtube]6q3ESdu6K_M[/youtube]

This one, I watched one of iJustine's videos and liked the music... So I downloaded the audio and ripped/cut a selection to make the loop you hear the piano playing.

I've since learned how to play the loop on piano and my God it's hard to play!
[youtube]7ChfHMBAzAY[/youtube]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)