Hard essay questions... (1 Viewer)

gnrlies

HSC
For our trial we had a fairly easy first essay options, but our second question was so hard to write about.

We had to:

discuss the impacts of globalisation on exchange rates and economic growth

or

discuss the impacts of globalisation on the balance of payments and economic growth

I did BOP, but although I could think of ways it impacted it with increased trade and investment flows etc, It was hard to write about mainly becuase you had to explain so much other stuff...

is this just me? or is this a hard question?? How would others of approached it?

is a roflcopter
HSC
i would of chosen the first one

AGB

HSC
im with newbie...i would have chosen the first one

the questions shouldnt have been that hard given that they were reasonably straight forward mainly due to the fact that it was a 'discuss' question....

gnrlies

HSC
but it would be hard to relate globalisation realistically to exchange rates seeing as though you could only kinda say that XR relate into more trade and investment flows increasing XR flows...

But then trade hasn't had such an impact, and its only really investment you can talk about. But even then, most of traded currecny is by speculators which isn't necessarily a driver of globalisation (unless you talk about technology etc and other govt. deregulation factors)

It just seemed to be a fairly difficult question to write an essay that you feel confident with...

Like the first essay we did i felt confident about, but this one i dont know if I could ever be confident about even if I had the time to sit down and research it..

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think the "discuss the impacts" questions are easier than the one we got which was "discuss the effectiveness"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)