Hard Questions (1 Viewer)

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
u kno how there's always alot of easy questions in G.M but then theirs that hard one that u never seem to get....umm i was thinkin of creating a thread where people can post thoose hard tricking questions *assuming their in the guidelines of the syllabus*...i kno people will see ohh that questions easi, but sumtimes what u think is hard sum1 thinks is easi...

so yepp...ill post up a few in the next few hours...people feel free to add sum it will help u aswell...

kkz

M

mgskillray

Q2C-ME said:
u kno how there's always alot of easy questions in G.M but then theirs that hard one that u never seem to get....umm i was thinkin of creating a thread where people can post thoose hard tricking questions *assuming their in the guidelines of the syllabus*...i kno people will see ohh that questions easi, but sumtimes what u think is hard sum1 thinks is easi...

so yepp...ill post up a few in the next few hours...people feel free to add sum it will help u aswell...

kkz
hey, can u plz help me with this 1??? from the 07 exam. kkz here it is. no1 in my class cud get it kkz cos i dunno if itz in the sillybus...

kkz i rly need D help cos i just decided i wanna do medicine LOL! it wud be pretty sik eyy? neway thanks in advanse kkz. im sure u can do it cos ur a mad paki n there gud at maths n shit, all the indian do advanced in my skool. btw u have sick hair. what gel do you use?
roflcopter! heres D question...

6The price of a CD is $22.00, which includes 10% GST.What is the amount of GST included in this price?
(A)$2.00
(B)$2.20
(C)$19.80
(D)$20.00

M

mgskillray

Q2C-ME said:
10/110 x 22.00= $2

hence, A

yea?

but liek, whats GST n shit? can u explain it propperly in words man. btw where did u get D sunnys? theyre hectix

mugzy07

HSC
theres always questions, esp in multiple choice where u think u have the right answer but its not, and they will even list it in the options just to throw u off and think you are right from ur incorrect calculations.

its important to READ carefully, but dont spend too much time or else you wnt finish the exam on time.

the most annoying thing for me is that i will miss like one word in the question that will cost me the whole mark.

Smithyo

Unleash Hell =)
HSC
with the sine rule does it matter which one you use for working out a side, because both these methods seem to get the same answer:

for example:

because if you do:

50sin30/sin40

=39m

or

50/sin40xsin30
=39

so yeah im a bit confused as to which one to use, and is this the same for finding an angle with the sine rule?...

taker0

HSC
question its from the 2008 catholic trials question 27b

bill owns a pet shop. the shop sells two types of fish food, gobble and munch. both types of fish food sell at the same price. he decides to discontinue selling one brand. over a 10 wk period he surveys his customers to see which brand was prefered.

then they give you a table:
Week: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Gobble: 14,26,33,14 etc..
Munch: 22,24,24,21 etc...

now can i enter this info into the STAT option?? do i enter the data into 3 columns?? cause they ask for the standard deviation for munch and you gotta find avg and comment on skewness etc...

help appriciated.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
taker0 said:
question its from the 2008 catholic trials question 27b

bill owns a pet shop. the shop sells two types of fish food, gobble and munch. both types of fish food sell at the same price. he decides to discontinue selling one brand. over a 10 wk period he surveys his customers to see which brand was prefered.

then they give you a table:
Week: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Gobble: 14,26,33,14 etc..
Munch: 22,24,24,21 etc...

now can i enter this info into the STAT option?? do i enter the data into 3 columns?? cause they ask for the standard deviation for munch and you gotta find avg and comment on skewness etc...

help appriciated.
okaii...question is defiantly a data type one...IMO u put it in the three columns...so yea get the avg s.d. and then comment on skew....umm ur evaluation shuld b based on consistency...so from the few numbers uve given me it appears that munch is better...and wuld b poistivly skewed...but yerr...theyre looking for the answer...doesnt seem that diffuclt...proballi bad wording :S

Smithyo said:
with the sine rule does it matter which one you use for working out a side, because both these methods seem to get the same answer:

for example:

because if you do:

50sin30/sin40

=39m

or

50/sin40xsin30
=39

so yeah im a bit confused as to which one to use, and is this the same for finding an angle with the sine rule?...
with the sine rule it doesnt matter...im quite sure...and ur gettin the right answer...its just u gotta kno the concept of sin rule...nd that question was a bit dodgy btw....but wid cosine it has to b the right sides....so for e.g the angle between sides a and b will always b C because its oppsing side is smalll c...

michael1990

HSC
Smithyo said:

for example:

because if you do:

50sin30/sin40

=39m

or

50/sin40xsin30
=39

Just did that paper today.
Some hard questions.
I got 92% in that paper.

Anyone else think probability is hard, as well as data crap?
They are the only things which i think are hard.
I have no idea why, they are supposed to be the easiest things in the general course.

redraw

HSC
hey i can't do this one... help?

9 Which of the following would be most likely to have a positive correlation?
(A) The population of a town and the number of schools in that town
(B) The price of petrol per litre and the number of litres of petrol sold
(C) The hours training for a marathon and the time taken to complete the marathon
(D) The number of dogs per household and the number of televisions per household

I cant wurk out what to do... like my town dont have TV much, so I cant understand if its D or not... and aye help?

*Baby-K*

HSC
redraw said:
hey i can't do this one... help?

9 Which of the following would be most likely to have a positive correlation?
(A) The population of a town and the number of schools in that town
(B) The price of petrol per litre and the number of litres of petrol sold
(C) The hours training for a marathon and the time taken to complete the marathon
(D) The number of dogs per household and the number of televisions per household

I cant wurk out what to do... like my town dont have TV much, so I cant understand if its D or not... and aye help?
The answer is A- the higher the population, the more schools they need therefore it's a positive correlation
B- if the petrol is expensive, less will be sold so it's not a positive correlation
C- the more hours spent training, the faster the person will be, therefore less time to complete the marathon- again not positive
D- no relationship at all

*Baby-K*

HSC
mgskillray said:
oi... sozzles bro! id heaps like for you to gimme ur number so i can call u up cos i serriously need da help...! duz any1 else no what GST is??? btw i dont rly care that much cos i dont need to pass anyway LOLZ!... i go 2 shore school so pritty much set 4 lyfe nig...rofferz kkz?
If you are being serious then GST is a Goods Services Tax and in Australia that's 10% on top of the original price. The price you pay for something has GST already included so what you are really paying is 110%.

The question will be something like this:
Suzy buys a skirt for $33.99 with GST included. What is the amount of GST paid?

Solution

If 33.99=110%, 10%=x

therefore x= 33.99 times 10 divide 110 = $3.09
Answer- the GST is $3.09

S

sportaler

Hey Adeel mate, I'm just wondering how you manage to get such sick hair and mad shades? I wanna be like you coz you're clearly gonna succeed at life and shit ey?

HSC
hey

This may not be a hard question, but im a little confuse since i havent done this course. So here's the question:

Calculate the compound value and interest for:

$990 for 4 quarters at 0.5% per quarter

If you can help me out it would be appreciated.
thanks

michael1990

HSC
kingnothing999 said:
hey

This may not be a hard question, but im a little confuse since i havent done this course. So here's the question:

Calculate the compound value and interest for:

$990 for 4 quarters at 0.5% per quarter

If you can help me out it would be appreciated.
thanks
METHOD 1

A=P(1+r)^n

A=$990x(1+0.005)^4
= $1009.95

METHOD 2

A=P(1+r)^n
=$990x(1+0.02)^1
= $1009.80

I'm pretty sure the HSC markers would take both answers.

NOTE:
Interest would just be the value after minus the principal.

michael1990

HSC
I need help with these 2 questions from: Spherical Geometry

6 and 7.

HSC
okay...

but with "quarters" and 0.005, how does that work?

4 quarter = 1 year right?

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
michael1990 said:
I need help with these 2 questions from: Spherical Geometry

6 and 7.
a) i] greenwich = 0`, therefore 60/15 = 4 hours
therefore 8:00am

ii] 190 * 4= 760mins, calaculator makes it 12 H & 40mins
therefore 3:20am tuesday

b) i] 48 + 15 = 63
ii] 63 x 60 = 3780 X1.852 = 7000.56
therefore 7001 to nearst Km

c) i] 119+ 151= 270 / 15 = 18hours
therefore 11:00pm + 12 = 11:00am tuesday
therefore plus other 6 = 5:00pm Tuesday Sydney Time

ii] 11:00pm + 15 hours = 2:00am LA time tuesday
which therefore + 18hours time difference + 8:00am Wednesdayy

umm id do the last bit but its just the same concept as the aformentioned
ohh and a little tip i recommend changing the time into 24hours...soo lyk 1600 e.t.c, realli good...also trying adding big numbers lyk 18hours...in lyk 12 hour slot then 6 hours. e.t.c

ill do Q7 in a bit

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
kingnothing999 said:
okay...

but with "quarters" and 0.005, how does that work?

4 quarter = 1 year right?
yes 4 quaters in a year correct...

the reason for 0.005 is that u always gotta convert a % into a decimal...that is the essence of the stuipd formula :)...btw thats a very unorthdox question normalli they give u a rate lyk 12% per annum...ow much per quater...nd wat u do is divid it by 4 then a 100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)