Hardest Module? (1 Viewer)

Which module is, generally speaking, hardest?

• Module A

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Module B

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Module C

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

qawe

HSC
N/A
What do you think is generally the hardest module in Eng Adv? I mean conceptually, not taking into account the relative difficulties of individual texts (obviously, since there are several options in each module). Where would, say, most top achievers potentially lose the most marks?

Module A, because it involves a comparison of texts?
Or Module C, because it requires a related text?
Or Module B?

Last edited:

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Module B was an absolute toss! That's not even taking the text into account, it makes it even worse doing Hamlet.

cheepy5

HSC
Depends on what text, for me it was Mod B because I had Hamlet

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it depends what text you do, but hated the ambiguity of "COnflicting Perspectives" and the way I had to tie my text to it.

I think I am the only person that genuinely liked Module B ever.

deswa

HSC
I think it depends what text you do, but hated the ambiguity of "COnflicting Perspectives" and the way I had to tie my text to it.

I think I am the only person that genuinely liked Module B ever.
Nah I loved Hammy and Mod B. I thought the hardest was Mod C by far tbh

funstudy

HSC
Mod A- for us we needed to include context, texts and comparison of text so it was hell

Bobbo1

HSC
Yep Module B is probably the hardest, considering that you might have to refer to critics and really hammer in textual integrity aspect of why the play/poems/text is still useful today, mainly talking about Hamlet..

HSC
N/A
Hi qawe,

In terms of losing the most marks, we would probably be inclined to say Module B. It's mostly due to the fact that Module B requires a thorough understanding of all aspects of the text/s - characters, themes, Acts, scenes, etc. - and the significance of each, as it is a Critical Study. In terms of conceptual difficultly, it's more complex than that. Module A is heavily based on contextual concerns and the comparison or contrast of these, Module B on thematic issues and critical analysis, and Module C on a complex understanding of the nature of conflicting perspectives or the interplay of history and memory. That will simply be based on your individual preferences.

Regards,
Delta Education

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)