Hardest option? (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
I think so

anyone done this before and can say it is easier than the others?
afaik i see lots of circuit diagrams with complex logic gates and i presume u have to know how to trace signal paths, know ur boolean, etc :)

^___^
HSC
hahah

its one of the least "popular" topic

i mean
the most popular is Q2Q then Medical with Astro

apparently if u do SDD, Age of Silicon isn't too hard, but if u dun do SDD, i might be a bt tricky to do..

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Also if you did electronics in year 9/10, age of silicon is pretty easy.

Giant Lobster

HSC
I did electronics in 9/10 and I learnt jackshit from it. lol
A glance through the chapter and I saw complex circuit diagrams and all these gates. I know what all the gates are from previous programming knowledge but still, the complexity of some circuits are just overwhelming

looks hard :(

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Yeah I did Age of Silicon for the HSC physics, while the rest of my class did boring old medical physics (in fact I started off doing medical physics with the rest of my class, but soon after got sick of it).

My honest opinion is that it was really not that hard & was enjoyable (then again my opinion might be somewhat biased due to the fact I'm doing electrical engineering :) )

I did electronics in 9/10 and I learnt jackshit from it. lol
Same here, lol. Electronics back in Yr 9/10 was all easy building stuff, and maybe some REALLY simple theory like Ohm's law, but that's it.

I know what all the gates are from previous programming knowledge but still, the complexity of some circuits are just overwhelming

looks hard
I though this as well at first too, those circuits looked big and nasty (like Year 10 bullies when you were in Yr 7). But after a bit of practise/learning they become very easy to analyse and break down, and not so big and tough (like Yr 10 bullies when you're in Year 12 :D). Anyway the point is anything looks big and scary at first, but after you get to know it it's not so bad. If you're interested in electronics then do it. Otherwise do another option.

dgardner

HSC
Hey mate,
i have done age of silicon this year.
i liked electronics and had never done it before, and choose it.
it isn't to bad. some diagrams are overwhelming but they are for the band 6 guys.......do it, it's lots of fun!!!!

BY_THE_WAY: has anyone else done it?? coz i could use some summaries.......happy to buy, please send email to ski_dave4@hotmail.com
thanks everyone, bye.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
We did this option too. I had done logic gates in SDD and most of electronic bits in motors and generators. only about 1/4 of it was somewhat new. It's pretty easy. Except not much resources available on it.

matt4

HSC
im doing AOS this year with no prior electrical circuit or programming background and ive found it to be pretty easy it may seem overwhelming but once u break each question down its quite simple

Äj

HSC
its easy. theres no big complex circuits to worry about. the most youll have to do is a circuit with 4-5 gates or so, nothing huge. you dont even need to know how each gate works, only what they do.
it doesnt matter if you do sdd or not. i do sdd but i found that it was the silicon that helped with the sdd, not the other way round.
just look through the sylibus and past papers at the silicon section. i didnt find it that difficult. if fact, if i accually studied, i found that pulling 90% upwards was easy..(as opposed to not studying and getting 80%) lol.

if you need any help let me know..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)