Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.. that's a journey, right?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm doing a pamphlet for an English assignment due next week based on physical journeys -- I have chosen one text but the other one I was going to use Around the World in 80 Days -- BUT IT'S RENTED OUT AT THE MOVIE STORE

So I found Harold and Kumar go to White Castle...

Now since old crabby BOS markers won't be marking it, it shouldn't matter how stupid the movie is, right? I mean the movie is based on these two guys travelling all around the city overcoming ADVERSITY to get a burger. That's a physical journey!!! It's perfect!!!

Or is it? If I should shutup and go and get Around the World in 80 Days PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME before I ruin my first english assessment for the HSC. Otherwise any suggestions about how I should approach advertising Harold and Kumar as a physical journey text to students in a pamphlet?

Thanks for all your help!! :)

~andie

HSC
depends on what kind of teachers you have, but i reckon at my school they wouldn't be too impressed with that movie. grab around the world in 80 days.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
yeah u shud use something more solid, the movie shouldent be "stupid" thiz is ur hsc remember! so use something really really really GOOD

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
They will go *Non serious attempt* to harold and kumar
i mean, the guys were high when they went haha
great journey ur gonna get out of that...
IMO u need something more solid.

X_Princess_X

HSC
i agree wif d others

i wuld say dont use harold n kumar coz it isnt a sophisticated text... i rekon u wuld b btr offf using around world but... remember i wuldnt use it in ur exams coz a million other people r probably using the same thing individuality gets u everywhere lol
toodles

ackmon

HSC
i'm doing harold and kumar go to white castle as well... if u want my notes ill email em to u. btw i ranked 1 in english last year... haha if that makes a dif

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hahaaha that movie is soo fckn funny even though its the most stupidest thing ive seen. and it actually does suit physical journey, but i dont think you can write that much on it.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
i knew people who did condom adds in year 11 for the module 'change'. as long as you make sound connections between the texts and write a structured answer they wont care what you do.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
CharlieB said:
i knew people who did condom adds in year 11 for the module 'change'. as long as you make sound connections between the texts and write a structured answer they wont care what you do.
lol how does that relate to change tho? i have no idea ><*

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I know someone who used a 4U maths book as her "imaginative journey" and she got 94 in the hsc.

So it's all in your analysis.

snowblack

bleh
HSC
You should try to do something really different , try The Motorcycle Diaries, thats pretty good for physical journeys...especially because its in another language, you'll look more sophisticated :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I did Cast Away as a physical journeys related text. There are plenty of techniques that you can use and it is adaptable to any of the three journeys.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I did Cast Away as a physical journeys related text. There are plenty of techniques that you can use and it is adaptable to any of the three journeys.
is it possible you can send me your notes on it? im starting physical journey next term, but i have an idea of the texts im doing.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
is it possible you can send me your notes on it? im starting physical journey next term, but i have an idea of the texts im doing.
Sure, I just need to find some time to type them up on the computer and I'll send them over to you. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)