Harry Gibbs Constitutional Moot (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
billy, can u get me a signed photograph of Kirbz with the note, "Hi Wen, good luck with your law studies, <3 Kirbz" please?

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Frigid said:
billy, can u get me a signed photograph of Kirbz with the note, "Hi Wen, good luck with your law studies, <3 Kirbz" please?
Can you get me Kirbz' phone number?

Kirbz-hating Howard once described homosexual De Facto relationships as 'Like Imaginary'...I'm banking on him being right ;)

Demandred

HSC
Frigid said:
dude, i'm gonna hijack your thread a bit ;)

The 2005 LexisNexis Constitutional Law Mooting competition will be held at the University of Canberra.

Kirbz has already been secured to Judge the Grand Final which will be taking place at the High Court of Australia. Additional Grand Final Judges may also be appointed to this competition and information representing this will be provided to the registering teams.

rules of competition
registration

ohhh and g'luck to Simon and Gabriel for Harry Gibbs moot! :D
Didn't UWS win the LexisNexis moot last year :D?

Angel45

HSC
UWS won the lexis nexis constitutional law moot this yr! :p

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
from this page:
UWS Law School has finally brought home the Lexis Nexis Constitutional Law Moot after 4 years of making it to the grand final.

As national champions of this prestigious competition, James Willis (Snr Counsel), Michael Sanig (Jnr Counsel) and Faraz Maghami (Instructing Solicitor) were highly complimented by His Honour Justice Michael Kirby after the announcement that their side had won (with costs!).

James Willis was awarded best oralist with a score of 93/100, and Michael Sanig a close 2nd with 89/100. The grand final took place in Court 3 (recently refurbished) of the High Court of Australia, with Justice Kirby presiding.

The trophy will be taking pride of place in the law school in about another week or so.
ohh and here's James Willis' profile thingy (pdf)

Angel45

HSC
It was pretty good hey..like winning

i dunno if i'm brave enuf to get involved in extra-curricular moots :S

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Congrats to Laz for making it to the grand final :cool:
Or so I heard. Well done unsw!

BillytheFIsh

HSC
Well well. V interesting competition... ending in UTS defending their crown.

UNSW cam back from dropping the first round (in questionable circumstances) to Edith Cowan and then the second round to Macquarie to scrape into the semis by 1/2 a round point and ended up finishing second.

The choker awards go to... QUT and UQ. Who both, after finishing the general rounds with a 4/4 undefeated record, dropped their semi finals.

Once again, was great fun to be involved in and I was so glad for my partner who won best speaker in the general rounds. Everyone was really friendly and competed in good spirit. (other than particular members of the UQ team)

Interesting comment during feedback after our semi final by Dowsett J: (QLD SC judge)

"In a lot of circumstances, the side that you draw for a moot will determine the outcome."

I'm not sure he got the point of it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)