Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Ohh guess what i just saw on wikiepedia:

During an interview for the New York Times, Jim Dale claims there is a surprise ending.

OK lets all pretend we never saw any spoilers lol. Any clue on what could be the suprise ending?

Edit: Lol you would love that wouldn't you, Malfoy! It would be pretty good!

HSC
Malfoy said:
Basically, if it ends up with Draco still evil or shunned or dead, Severus dead or evil, Ron/Hermione together, Harry alive and Slytherins one-dimensional, I'm going to hate it. At least one of the three versions confirmed all of my worst fears, so I'm not holding out for much.
I doubt that will happen though!

I mean Severus might die, but i dont think ALL Of those will happen. Draco was good last we saw, i think Draco and Severus are working with Voldemort, but will end up good. I can;t see them being bad, that would be too stupid.

Ron/Hermione seriously should NOT happen! It's way too obvious, and shit. However, Harry and Hermione ...:eek:

HSC
Malfoy said:
My guesses on a surprise ending that would be awesome.

Guess #1: Hermione and Draco get together.
Guess #2: Severus and Narcissa get together and adopt Draco at the end. He and Harry are good friends.
Guess #3: Thoroughly unlikely, but Hermione and Severus get together.
Guess #4: Ron is dead, so no Ron and Hermione.
Guess #5: Harry and Voldemort kill each other. The epilogue shows the other characters mourning at his grave. These characters include Draco and Severus, who are both alive and not evil.
Guess #6: Ginny and Draco get together.
Guess #7: Actually, Ginny and Blaise get together. Guess #1 occurs in this scenario.
Guess #8: The Marauders are reunited behind the veil.
Guess #9: If Severus dies, he and Lily reunite and confess love for each other.
Guess #10: Draco ends up coming over to the Light and helping Harry defeat Voldemort.
She already said Draco/Hermione=never going to happen.

What if Sirius comes back? Is that possible? And what if Luna/Ron, Harry/Hermione get together? Because Ginny and Harry are over, they could get back together but they aren't together atm. Or Harry/Luna? Draco=Potions teacher?

She said that no matter what people will still be predicting what will happen next, so i think Harry will live.

HSC
Malfoy said:
Draco wasn't good, per se... JKR hates him too much for that. She said it herself, she doesn't know how people can like Draco. So I have no doubt he's in for an unpleasant fate. (Even though you and I both know it would be stupid to keep him and Severus evil!)

And we all know Ron/Hermione shouldn't happen. It seems JKR is the only one who's intent on it, and since she's writing the books we'll be stuck with Ron, Hermione and a legion of frizzy-haired, red-headed, freckled, moderately intelligent (Ron's stupidity cancels out Hermione's intelligence), quidditch-mad Weasley children.

Like I said, there are a lot of people I'd prefer to see Hermione with, and yes, that even includes Harry (even though he's pretty far down the list).

I just hope the worst of the leaked copies wasn't the real one.
But he didn't kill Dumbledore, and he was goign to 'join the good guys'

I know what you mean since i've read that a billion times! She said people should be happy he doesnt have siblings! :eek:

I can't see JKR putting Hermione with a Slytherin.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Oh my god, are you guys seriously trying to convince each other that it's a fake?
I hate to kick someone while they're down but seriously, give it up.

However, if it is a fake, egg will be on my face and Rowling will actually be way more clever than I thought

HSC
Malfoy said:
You think that the bolded ones are the likely ones?
Yep. I like some others, but i think they're more likely to happen.

Sirius could come back, it's possible. I just didn't list it because unlike you, Miss Sirius Fangirl, I don't like him all that much. None of the three fake versions have him coming back, interestingly enough.
Hey, Sirius is awesome! lol. In the movie they made Bella use the Avanda K. curse onhim, even though it didnt happen in the book, which makes me think it might not happen :(

I'd prefer Luna/Ron, Harry/Hermione if we're talking things that could happen, because I'm not a fan of either Luna or Ron (so they can have each other!) and while I'm not big on Harry/Hermione as a coupling it makes a lot more sense than Ron/Hermione or Harry/Ginny. However, JKR did say in an interview that Harry/Hermione shippers were "delusional", so we'll see. Harry/Luna? That's interesting. I wouldn't mind that either. Luna's okay, not really my cup of tea, but she'd make an alright pairing with Harry.
Luna>Ginny.

Draco = Potions Teacher? That'd be interesting! I like it. Obviously Neville = Herbology Teacher, so we'll just see how many ex-students become teachers. I like Draco = Auror more though.
True. But she said someone unexpected will become a teacher..Draco will probably end up dead, or an Auror though.

Well, if she ends up with the Ron/Hermione, etc. situation no one will be predicting what comes next, it'll be boring... not to mention cliched, fluffy and downright dull.
Haha

What if Harry+Luna get together. Ron remains single? Hermione and ...Krum? Man i just don't want Ron and Hermione together!

I was watching this interview with Dan, Emma and Rupert, you guys should watch it, its funny. [Dans laugh is weird as lol]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfb5ROVggIY

$hiftyIceQueen - how do you know she meant Draco to join the good guys? He was running away with Severus, but that's the only clue. And since we know she doesn't like Draco, I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to make him bad.
I don't know, i just think that since he wasn't going to kill Dumbledore, and that he was pretty much convinved by Dumbledore to go with him, and he'll hide him and his mother. I wouldn't be suprised either, but i think she'll make him good [i hope so].

She won't pair Hermione with a Slytherin, unfortunately, which doesn't leave very many main characters that Hermione could realistically be paired with. I still like Hermione/Fred or George, a fun side (yet still smart, they developed all those products!) to balance out her studious side.
I know. :eek: Never thought of Hermione with Fred/ George...that would be pretty mad!

Last edited:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
I am not coming tot his thread anymore, at least not until i have read the book!!! so cya later guys! enjoy the book an drememebr to keep those spoilers to a minimum oh and i think some of the stuff u guys are writing about should be wrapped in spolier!! lol sorry Jhakka this is probably one of those posts that u have to delete!!

HSC
Yeah i'm only thinking the Gryffindors will go out with each other because JKR doesn't like the Slytherins.

If Severus lives though, i think hemight become the DADA teacher.

Harry=Auror But Ginny and Neville sounds good.

HSC
Well they will need a DADA teacher and Severus is up to it.

Ron will copy Harry, i remember him saying that he tought of it. and i thiink this was in the 4th book, when Moody told Harry he should become an Auro, then told Hermione she would also be a good Auror, Ron was trying to say 'smart' things to get Moody to tell him the same thing?

Neville and Ginny..lol the girl to me is too demanding.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Word around the interweb is that the book has been leaked. :/

krayzie_

HSC
For those that are interested,

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,30000-1275566,.html

and quoted from Mugglenet.

"The LA Times is reporting that the US Harry Potter publisher obtained a subpoena to learn the identity of a user who allegedly posted copies of Deathly Hallows on a California website.

Scholastic said in a court filing Monday that "materials hosted on Photobucket.com's system" contain materials that infringe copyrights owned by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books. Photobucket.com, a News Corp. unit, is a website for sharing photos and videos on social networks such as MySpace.

The subpoena was sent to Gaia Interactive Inc. in San Jose seeking the identity of a user on gaiaonline.com, a social network, according to the filing in San Francisco federal court.

Gaia complied with the subpoena, removed the material and temporarily banned the user from the site, said Gaia spokesman Bill Danon."

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Can we still pre-order for $30 at A&R etc? Do we have to pay anymore when we pickup on Sat?

HSC
Ok these are meant to be the real chapter titles, if anyone wants to know :)

Dark Lord Ascending
In Memorial
The Dursleys Departing
The Seven Potters
Fallen Warrior
The Ghoul in Pajamas
The Will of Albus Dumbledore
The Wedding
A Place to Hide
Kreacher's Tale
The Bribe
Magic is Might
The Thief
The Goblin's Revenge
Godric's Hollow
Bathilda's Secret
The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore
The Silver Doe
Xenophilius Lovegood
The Tale of the Three Brothers
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
The Wandmaker
Shell Cottage
Gringotts
The Final Hiding Place
The Missing Mirror
The Lost Diadem
The Sacking of Severus Snape
The Battle of Hogwarts
The Elder Wand
The Prince's Tale
The Forest Again
King's Cross
The Flaw in the Plan
Epilogue

At least its meant to be the real ones.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
The 80mb pdf with pictures I'm 100% sure is the real deal. Scholastic in America subpoenaed the maker.

If I were you I'd read it and get it out of the way, lol.

sunjet said:
Can we still pre-order for $30 at A&R etc? Do we have to pay anymore when we pickup on Sat?
nah im pretty sure its $30 even if u dont preorder

big-w/target/k-mart will have it going for cheap if you're worried

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Ok these are meant to be the real chapter titles, if anyone wants to know :)

Dark Lord Ascending
In Memorial
The Dursleys Departing
The Seven Potters
Fallen Warrior
The Ghoul in Pajamas
The Will of Albus Dumbledore
The Wedding
A Place to Hide
Kreacher's Tale
The Bribe
Magic is Might
The Thief
The Goblin's Revenge
Godric's Hollow
Bathilda's Secret
The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore
The Silver Doe
Xenophilius Lovegood
The Tale of the Three Brothers
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
The Wandmaker
Shell Cottage
Gringotts
The Final Hiding Place
The Missing Mirror
The Lost Diadem
The Sacking of Severus Snape
The Battle of Hogwarts
The Elder Wand
The Prince's Tale
The Forest Again
King's Cross
The Flaw in the Plan
Epilogue

At least its meant to be the real ones.
unfortunately that are the chapters on the photo shot i have

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
@malfoy
thx for the link :)

anyway have you seen the photo shot?
that's the one i have right now and I am convinced that it's fake

HSC
Thats the one you read...well it may not be it. So we'll just have to wait and see.

But some are saying its fake.

since when did JKR put the list of the chapters at the start of the book?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Do you think everything (including the end of Voldemort) will end at Hogwarts? And the name of the chapters look pretty genuine, and surprised me a bit. But we'll just have to wait to confirm it :D

NB: 3 days to go :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)