Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

bubz :D said:
Hah my dad would never bother to go and buy a book for me at 9am, so my sis and I will probably just be lining up with our Ipods at full blast.

But yeah... you'd have to be pretty sad to go that early JUST so you can flick to the back and spoil it for everyone, anyway!

I had HBP ruined for me on bos, so I don't plan to go on for about a month beforehand :p
I'm not going online and turn off my mobile phone (when HBP came out my gf sms'ed me spoiler) before I have finished deathly hallows.
That's enough I think but the idea of somebody wear t-shirt with spoiler on it is terrifying LOL

dhampoet

HSC
N/A

Silver Persian said:
How did someone manage to find out the ending before the book was released? :<<
That's why the security of HP launching must be tighhtttt

mandz45

HSC

Kujah said:
Cool and appropriate name. I dont think Harry will die, but most likely Ron or Hermione. But, Rowling might kill off Harry so we dont know :p

Cant w8 :)
i doubt harry will die as he is the main character...i think one of the weasley's will die and either snape or wormtail will die saving harry (remember wormtail owes his life to harry and ther is something nice about snape) i think snape was in love with harry's mum and she went off with james which made him angry so everytime he looks at harry's eyes he remembers lily and gets angry...thats my theory lol but snape is good

J

jhakka

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007

One of my mates ruined the Matrix ending for everyone at school because it sucked. I was not impressed.

Jeez, you guys are worried about seeing the spoilers when this comes out? It's my job to see the spoilers and delete them before I even get to read the thing. :(

J

jhakka

Actually, I'm sure Bubz could arrange another 36 hour server crash...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC

Hmmm interesting....

*BOS is mysteriously offline for one month up to july 21 and miraculously comes back on two minutes after bubz finishes reading it*

:read:;)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Scholastic just announced that the US version of the deathly hallows iz gunna be 784 pages long.....so Order of the phoniex is still going to be longer.......i was kind of hoping that this DH wuld be longer than the rest :(

HSC

748 pages. Thats alright though. And i thought the Order of the Phoenix went on and on.

Cant imagine how she fit in all the different story lines.

Can't wait now:D

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

748 is alright, but im still going to feel bad that its finshed.....but ohwell :)

I cant wait too, only 121 days left :)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Is this going to be the last book?
Last of the Harry Potter SERIES, yeah, but JK MIGHT write some other books, like the magical beasts ones or something, and publish them for charity.

-P_D

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

krayzie_ said:
Is this going to be the last book?
yeah........unfortunatly :(

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC

MaNiElla said:
784 is alright, but im still going to feel bad that its finshed.....but ohwell :)

I cant wait too, only 121 days left :)
Guys, that's the US version. Our text is smaller and has fewer pictures. Hence we can expect closer to 700.

But there's no way I'm complaining, I'll bet I won't even want it to end once I get my hands on a copy :(

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC

How long is our edition of OoTP? (Just something to compare it to, and i can't be bothered to go into my room haha)

According to bloomsbury.com, the Deathly Hallows audiobook will be released simultaneously with the book? Hmmm that means Stephen Fry gets to know what happens ages before the rest of us haha

J

jhakka

Fewer pictures? I didn't realise we get pictures at all.

Boo to inconsistency. I don't want pictures if the other books don't have them. :(

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC

jhakka said:
Fewer pictures? I didn't realise we get pictures at all.

Boo to inconsistency. I don't want pictures if the other books don't have them. :(
I should be careful with my choice of words. The US versions have a picture at the beginning of every chapter - we are restricted to illustrated covers...and a Hogwarts log on the title page of course ;)

OotP is 766 pages long.

J

jhakka

stella8h8chang said:
I should be careful with my choice of words. The US versions have a picture at the beginning of every chapter - we are restricted to illustrated covers...and a Hogwarts log on the title page of course ;)

OotP is 766 pages long.
Ah, go team, then.

Anything around 700 pages is good for me. Remember people, it's quality and not quantity that counts. :p

Legham

HSC

^With a bigger quantity you can fit more quality in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)