Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (1 Viewer)

Gangels

HSC
passion89 said:
The 3rd was the best...:(
The third was the 2nd best. The first one was the best but i was really disappointed in the 2nd one. The 2nd and 3rd had too much battle and death and not enough adventure.:(

persephone

HSC
Loved the third one. I didn't like the 4th one so much. That was just so disappointing with that freaky ass Dumbledore. Geez.

passion89

HSC
Gangels said:
The third was the 2nd best. The first one was the best but i was really disappointed in the 2nd one. The 2nd and 3rd had too much battle and death and not enough adventure.:(

Yeah I agree with you there, two towers was shithouse haha

passion89

HSC
Update on signatures (just coz I feel important when I'm quoting to you the number of sigs lol)

drum roll please...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
See I've watched the first 2 twice ages ago. I have it at home but I can't be bothered watching. I'm still in the opinion that the first 2 aren't that bad because it really was about Harry, the excitement and strangeness of going to Hogwarts, of having Dumbledore like a grandfather looking over him and the mischief they caused. The 3rd one I didn't mind cause the director made it his own and the characters were still somewhat true to the books. The 4th I hated because it deviated too far from what I imagined the book was. It was like it just quickly skimmed through without placing much emphasis on the emotions and growth of the main characters.

Mohit7

HSC
School holidays are better to go watch it if u are starting YR12 the term after

Gangels

HSC
passion89 said:
The first Dumbledore shouldn't have died...
I know hey, Richard Harris was one of the greatest actors ever. But what i think Gambon brings to the role is Dumbeldores, fitter, angrier side. But not the wisdom and childish side that Harris gave it:(

persephone

HSC
It really freaked me out in the 4th movie when Dumbledore is basically assaulting Harry "Did you put your name in the Goblet? DID YOU??!! DID YOU?!!!" I was like ... that is so not my Dumbledore.

Mongke

HSC
this is for all the people who like the new DD but were too afraid to tell.

i preffer him to Richard Haris :eek: the new guy fits the movies and makes spice in a ever dying out good-side cast. if you notice, theres not much emotional growth of the chatactors in the books anyway, so no loss there!

passion89

HSC
Gangels said:
I know hey, Richard Harris was one of the greatest actors ever. But what i think Gambon brings to the role is Dumbeldores, fitter, angrier side. But not the wisdom and childish side that Harris gave it:(
Yeah exactly - he's so angry and mean

Last edited:

Gangels

HSC
passion89 said:
Yeha exactly - he's so angry and mean
But a combination of the two would make the perfect Dumbledore! You'd have a kind, frail, old guy who is really angry, fit and stubborn..........when he wants to be. In a way he's kind of like Yoda. Maybe he should be Dumdledore.:)

passion89

HSC
Gangels said:
But a combination of the two would make the perfect Dumbledore! You'd have a kind, frail, old guy who is really angry, fit and stubborn..........when he wants to be. In a way he's kind of like Yoda. Maybe he should be Dumdledore.:)
haha yeah I totally agree with you there...

Dunno about Yoda though :p

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
persephone said:
It really freaked me out in the 4th movie when Dumbledore is basically assaulting Harry "Did you put your name in the Goblet? DID YOU??!! DID YOU?!!!" I was like ... that is so not my Dumbledore.
Allowing this to happen makes a hypocrite out of Dumbledore. In OoTP Dumbledore warns Fudge not to touch one of his students and yet he at the same time (according to the movie) is quite willing to make himself liable for child abuse.

I was always of the impression Dumbledore was like some funny, old grandfather who laughed at everything and knew exactly what to say, but being very serious and daunting when he needed to be, yet somehow regal at the same time. Kind of hard to describe, but Dumbledore does not strike me as one who would lose his temper and get physical. He always seem to controlled, to in touch with himself, to do that.

Gangels

HSC
passion89 said:
haha yeah I totally agree with you there...

Dunno about Yoda though :p
Yeh, i think i retract my yoda claim. Maybe Mick Jagar could do it. When you want a calm Dumbledore, give him drugs. When you want an angry dumbledore, leave him as he is. I should never cast a film............:)

Gangels

HSC
passion89 said:
Hmmm...Mick Jagger definately

Or

maybe you should take your own advice and never cast a film :)
Oooooooo, i like the second one! You can take my casting job. you'd be much better at it.

I've got it. Some one you might like

FLEA! He got old, and quick.

persephone

HSC
Enlightened_One said:
I was always of the impression Dumbledore was like some funny, old grandfather who laughed at everything and knew exactly what to say, but being very serious and daunting when he needed to be, yet somehow regal at the same time. Kind of hard to describe, but Dumbledore does not strike me as one who would lose his temper and get physical. He always seem to controlled, to in touch with himself, to do that.
^Which is totally what the first Dumbledore was like. They should have at least told Gambon (?) to be less aggressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)