• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2 Viewers)

HSC
Why didnt they do the whole thing in 3D? Only 20 minutes ...stick to the normal one..

Alot of the book was about Harrys emotions...but the shortest:( This better be good! The last one they took out alot of the good stuff!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
The thing I'm wondering about the movies is how they'll do some stuff from the books, cause often a small thing in a book will be important down the line in another one, and it's cut out of the movie.

Like the animagus Rita thing (I think that was left out, anyway)

HSC
True, and she is going to be in the 7th book...maybe it isnt as important as we think it is? since JK Rowling watches it before its released, then tells them if they need to add anything.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Yup, and they wanted to take Kreacher out of either this movie or the HBP movie... but JKR told them to leave him in!! Which supports my theory that he's more important than we might think..

HSC
Harry is now his 'owner', so me thinks he will probably betray someone, most likely someone from the Dark side...

Next month and we'll know exactly what will happen:) No more guessing.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
True, and she is going to be in the 7th book...maybe it isnt as important as we think it is? since JK Rowling watches it before its released, then tells them if they need to add anything.
True, I guess anything absolutely vital wouldn't get cut. Just continuing subplots and stuff.

Will be weird when the last book comes out, like an end to my childhood. I already got the last Series of Unfortunate Events one, lol.

HSC
I think after the 7th book comes out i'll be over the movies :(

They take too long to make them, and we're only upto 5!!!! Still two more in like 3-4 years? :mad1:

Hope they dont take out the quidditch matches:eek:

miss-smexy

HSC
MaNiElla said:
does anyone know if ralph fiennes would still play lord voldemort in this movie? He was all over the place in movie 4, but his not given that much attention this time, so i was just wondering whether he'd still be in this movie or not :?:
Nah, he'll be in a toilet cubicle on a Qantas plane.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I'm seeing it saturday, gold class style. :santa:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
That was pretty much the coolest thing ever!

Well, for a Harry Potter movie anyway. As in I thought it was the best one so far and didn't suffer from the disjointed too-many-short-and-rapidly-changing-scenes-for-three-hours that GoF did :D

umm... The trio... Emma Watson. She can't rly act, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but it's true. The other 2 kids did pretty well I think especially Dan. It's not their fault there's fark all character development of them beyond the basics. There was too much Umbridge, it's like the film's all about her, as great as Imelda Staunton was. Needed more Maggie Smith & Alan Rickman & Emma Thompson. The Order ppl were also pretty good (omg tonks is hot) and there wasn't enough of them either, same for Lucius Malfoy :D

The poster of Fudge in the MoM is totally reminiscent of Hitler, like seriously you can't look at it and think of anything but nazi propaganda posters. Dudley's gang were so lame lolz and the dementors are all wrong. I liked the younger Snape/Marauders but the scene was too quick to see much of them

It's rly true to the book in spite of having to leave a bunch of shit out, all the changes don't bother me even as someone who's read the book a dozen times, plus they managed to include a few little unnecessary things that were nice like the 'bulletin board' scene at the end :D

I didn't like what they did with Dumbledore, I mean Michael Gambon was good and all but his lines weren't that great and the exit in his office and the duel with Voldemort weren't as impressive as they needed to be... they needed to use more of the book like how he knocks people out or animates the statues to absorb the AK's (which voldemort never seems to think of using) The Weasley twins' departure was pretty good but it would have been perfect if they'd included the swamp somehow. Oh and Sirius gets AK'd which is just all wrong.

Otherwise... the thestrals and grawp and the centaurs looked pretty cool... lots of humorous moments (sometimes the serious moments were funny too and I don't know if that's intentional or we just find it funny because of being fans of the book and knowing more than the characters do at the time). And also shippy moments, lots of those, like R/Hr is put on pretty heavily throughout the whole thing which is nice, Harry and Cho's relationship consists of a few looks and a kiss, and sometimes when they're looking at each other you can see Ginny is not pleased which was nice.

The Dumbledore's-speech-at-the-end was the weakest yet and they didn't divulge all the background info that he does in the book beyond the prophecy meaning harry or voldemort has to kill the other, which might be a good thing since it doesn't weigh the film down with too much information :D

Last edited:
HSC
I WANT TO SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111110013919401041

p.s. my little brother and shit went but they didn't want me to go with them :(

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Might be seeing it Saturday. Going to book tickets on Friday... looking forward to seeing it.

jannny

HSC
IT WAS AWESOME.

The cinema was full packed (at blacktown cinemas). Everytime there's like a sentimental scene or any scene portraying success of Harry's side or wateva, the crowd(especially the kids) compliments it e.g. "whoooooo" in Harry's kiss with Cho. hah that was fun. Except those fags who keep ruining the crowd spirit =/

Overall it was good, I liked the spirit of team battle between OP and voldie's side associated with cool flashes of magic. Although, it was kinda emotional when Sirius died .. Sirius looks like jesus .. and Bellaxtrix was so fkn ugly lolz.

Yea I agree they put too much emphasis on Umbridge, and her cheeky laugh too.
The Weasley twins were funny, and some scenes (can't remember).

I cant wait for the last book and the next movie. I reckon this movie and the GoF were pretty much good, as it has always been.
I would rate it 4.9/5 =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)