[HARVARD STUDENT & BAND 6 IN 13 UNITS] TUTORING AVAILABLE (1 Viewer)

nkagan1

HSC
Hi! My name is Nicole and I'm currently studying Economics and Computer Science at Harvard University in the United States. I graduated from Sydney Girls High School with an ATAR of 98.65 in 2017. When at school, I achieved top marks in all of my subjects, including Band 6s in 13 units: English, English Extension 1, Modern History, Economics, Legal Studies, Mathematics, and Information Processes & Technology (sat in 2015).

I currently work at the Harvard College Writing Center as a Writing Tutor and have a year of experience guiding Harvard students in essay-writing and proposal drafting. Independent of this, I have years of tutoring & coaching experience under my belt and am able to tailor my tutoring to your needs! I have comprehensive notes from my own HSC & can tailor your tutoring to anything that you may need to cover.

I currently tutor: English (Standard, Advanced, Ext 1 & Ext 2), IPT, Modern History, Economics & Legal Studies.
I also offer test prep & essay guidance for the SAT and US Common Application. Further, I can provide private public speaking, debating & interview coaching.

I am flexible in moving around the CBD/Eastern Suburbs Area, but for the moment, lessons look like they'll have to be conducted on Zoom, Hangouts or any other platform that works for you (woo!!).

If you're interested please send me an email at nkagan@college.harvard.edu or inbox me here!

I can't wait to hear from you!

Last edited:

yooook

HSC
how did u get into harvard and what do i have to do to do the same?

Pedro123

HSC
My guess is she did NSW State debating and other stuff to a high degree - most likely volunteering.
Why do you mention NSW State debating? Just asking, since I myself am an avid debater.

idkkdi

HSC
Why do you mention NSW State debating? Just asking, since I myself am an avid debater.
Under that level and it wouldn't be worth mentioning, or enough to be a spike for Harvard applications. National team is possible, but chances are in favour of state team. Also, Harvard tends to like recruiting people who have done well in debating.

There are primarily four ways of getting to the US from Australia; Olympiads, Debating, Campaign/charity, Sports. Process of elimination yields my predictions.

Last edited:

nkagan1

HSC
how did u get into harvard and what do i have to do to do the same?
Hey! I just saw this - let me reply. The first thing to note at the top is that you have to be VERY invested in applying. That is, there's a lot of testing and logistical legwork that you'll need to do if you want to apply that will take some non-insignificant amount of time outside of school. In terms of extra-curriculars, I debated and was on the NSWCHS team, I qualified for National Linguistics Olympiads & placed in the top 3 teams in the world for Academic Decathlons. I was heavily involved in Model UN and won the largest debate & diplomacy competition in Australia (both at a state & national level in consecutive years). In addition, I invested myself in volunteering & sport. There's no "magic recipe" for being admitted into one of these schools - they each select based on individual merit and look closely at your propensity to succeed there. If any of you have any more specific questions, please message me!

yooook

HSC
Hey! I just saw this - let me reply. The first thing to note at the top is that you have to be VERY invested in applying. That is, there's a lot of testing and logistical legwork that you'll need to do if you want to apply that will take some non-insignificant amount of time outside of school. In terms of extra-curriculars, I debated and was on the NSWCHS team, I qualified for National Linguistics Olympiads & placed in the top 3 teams in the world for Academic Decathlons. I was heavily involved in Model UN and won the largest debate & diplomacy competition in Australia (both at a state & national level in consecutive years). In addition, I invested myself in volunteering & sport. There's no "magic recipe" for being admitted into one of these schools - they each select based on individual merit and look closely at your propensity to succeed there. If any of you have any more specific questions, please message me!
yeh i cant be bothered nvrm LOL

blyatman

HSC
N/A
yeh i cant be bothered nvrm LOL
Lol being bothered is one thing, but it's having the talent that disqualifies 99.9% of the population. A significant proportion of applicants who apply think they stand a chance because they're "interested in such and such", but have nothing tangible to show for it. Unless a student has significant accomplishments like OP, it's going to be a waste of time and money to even apply.

yooook

HSC
Lol being bothered is one thing, but it's having the talent that disqualifies 99.9% of the population. A significant proportion of applicants who apply think they stand a chance because they're "interested in such and such", but have nothing tangible to show for it. Unless a student has significant accomplishments like OP, it's going to be a waste of time and money to even apply.
yep nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)