Harwood: my essays (1 Viewer)

HandsOffIt

HSC
hello to whoever is reading this :)
so im writing essay after essay for english paper two but how the hell do i know if they are any good? If for some reason anyone is intersted in checking my Gwen Harwood essay please please let me know you would be my saviour!

FromDeeEast

HSC
Re: my essays

i'll pass :p

last thing i wanna do atm is english

but a few tips are make sure u hand write them and time yourself, and if ur not a great memoriser just make tables and stuff for ur quotes and learn them

fishy89sg

HSC

instead of startin from scratch, why not modify your essay that you did for your trials (unless you failed it or somethin)

becko the gecko

HSC

i wouldnt mind doing it, it would help me get ideas and broaden my own knowledge

Harwood's my favourite module as well so send when your ready bud!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC

fishy89sg said:
instead of startin from scratch, why not modify your essay that you did for your trials (unless you failed it or somethin)
I agree. This is probably a better idea but as mentioned - only do it if it you got a good mark for it. :)

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC

On the Board of Studies website you will find past papers for everything. These are accompanied by marking packages: print off the marking criteria and read it, then read your essay really critically. Mark it like a teacher would. Circle every time you use a word incorrectly etc. Check your ideas. See how coherent you are. See if you adressed the question

fishy89sg

HSC

advice from my teacher: 'you have to be more concise'

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

I don't know if your teachers extended this offer, but the teachers at my school constantly informed us that if we wanted, we could email our practice essays to them. Perhaps your teachers will be more than happy to mark it?

Just email them through the det.nsw.edu website thing.

diamond*dreams*

d[-_-]b . . <3 music
HSC

I'll read it too if you like.:)
I'm partial to At Mornington, The Violets, Alter Ego and the rest I quite like.

samuel slack

HSC

I think Alter Ego=awesome poem. But so different to all the others we study. I do like Harwood's poetry, just wish we didn't have to actually do anything but enjoy it.

janine24

HSC
Alter ego is great and so easy to apply all the readings to, because it isnt so literal and boring and the language is so much more rhymic .

what techniques/ characteristics can u look for to apply a post modern reading ( to any of her poetry )?

n.gallagher

HSC

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
oih can someone read my essays :) and give me some feedback
yeah, pass them along... nathan_gallagher9000@hotmail.com im going away, but i'll try and get them and give you some pointers soon... my teacher (senior HSC marker) gave me 18 plus outa twenty (proble no were near the best on this site) but i mite be able to help ya out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)