Has anybody here ever worked as a pick packer? (1 Viewer)

Scissors

HSC
i got offered a job as a pick packer but i'm not exactly sure what the job entails. is it difficult? by difficult, i mean REALLY difficult.

it's a pretty good job cause i'll be getting paid 26$/hour.

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
Scissors said:
i got offered a job as a pick packer but i'm not exactly sure what the job entails. is it difficult? by difficult, i mean REALLY difficult.

have no idea what is it but CONGRATS ill give it a try if it was me :)

erm

HSC
Scissors said:

man the pay sounds too good to be true.

Scissors

HSC
yeah, the pay is pretty massive, which is why i think the conditions must be absolutely terrible.

born2b

HSC
yupp pick packing is shit,, yet the pay makes up for it.,

the title says it all pick it and pack

they expect you to work hard and pack fast..

and you would have to be physically fit at least.

Heiday

HSC
Scissors, i'm on my sisters account but where are you applied for this position?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Scissors said:

I've done pickpacking when my agent gave it to me. It's easy, all you do is consistently pick products out that the company will then deliver to their clients/customers. Although, repetitive and shit boring.

J

jhhlll

wtf.

i thought a pick packer sounded like someone who packed picks, like toothpicks?

inter108

HSC
I fucking applied for the job i got a interview on the morning of my Biology test fuck.

spewing.

p.s Physically demanding job but fast moneys

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I worked as a pick packer for Woolworths for two years.

Epic money ($32/hr, $44 on Saturdays!), and it wasn't overly demanding. I was doing 4 shifts a week from 3pm-12am and was clearing $800 a week most weeks. It really is easy, at Woolworths you get an effective 'shopping list' of items and you just go from aisle to aisle to pack whats on the list. You usually got an hour to do around 100 items.

You were timed on percentage so if you worked fast you could feasibly take longer lunch breaks because management didn't really care as long as you finished the day at 85% (even with my hour-90 min long lunch breaks i never finished below 100%) so its not that hard as i said. Max weight lifting was like 16kgs? Most were 2-3kgs.

Of course, your pick-packing experience could differ from mine. Great money but in the end it ruined my studies because it is pretty draining so I left. If you like working independently (because aside from breaks you won't really talk to anyone) this is the job for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)