has anybody here worked as a security guard? (1 Viewer)

Scissors

HSC
so, i'm thinking of applying for my security guard license but i'm not sure if i'm old enough to do so (i'm 17). i don't want to be a bouncer, just a security guard at events such as concerts and whatnot.

also, do you have to be really bulky to be a secuirty guard? because i'm pretty muscley but i'm not exactly bulky.

anybody know how much it'd cost for me to get my licence?

mushi2195

HSC
you need to be 18 and it will cost you about $700 at the cheapest to $1000/

Scissors

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
post pics of yourself and we'll tell you if you're big enough..
i will, but not now because i don't have a camera. i'll post my formal pics.

conics2008

HSC
Hey Scissors make sure you do it through "job seeker" is alot cheaper or possible for free.. My friend is doing it through that all you need to do is talk to centerlink and they will help u get variety range of license..

Its worth it rather than paying the normal amount for some card saying you can guard something...

Scissors

HSC
conics2008 said:
Hey Scissors make sure you do it through "job seeker" is alot cheaper or possible for free.. My friend is doing it through that all you need to do is talk to centerlink and they will help u get variety range of license..

Its worth it rather than paying the normal amount for some card saying you can guard something...
but don't you have to be receiving welfare payments in order for centrelink to subsidies the course?

conics2008

HSC
Scissors said:
but don't you have to be receiving welfare payments in order for centrelink to subsidies the course?
Well I dont know, but it doesn't hurt to ask them.. Just pop in to centerlink and say what are the requirements to join job seeker.. just have a shot, I know my friend who is doing it is already on youth allowance like my self ...

soo just ask them..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)