Has anyone done the priliminarys yet? (1 Viewer)

standup

HSC
hey, just wondering if anyone has done any of the priliminary exams (external). If you have, what are the economics essay questions we have to do?..or if anyone has done chem, bio, 3-unit math and pd, how hard are the xams, and wat should i study for? Thanks for your help

Estel

Tutor
HSC
lol
there are no external preliminary exams.

F

Fuck Off

that was a joke right?
The papers arnt universal, onkus.

capsicum

HSC
standup said:
hey, just wondering if anyone has done any of the priliminary exams (external). If you have, what are the economics essay questions we have to do?..or if anyone has done chem, bio, 3-unit math and pd, how hard are the xams, and wat should i study for? Thanks for your help
when u say "external" do you mean the non-classroom thing - where all students are in some sort of hall/room sitting for the exam?
well, my prelims are next week and the week following. i dont know how difficult the questions will be but study everything that you have learnt this year. gluck! ;)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
We do ours in week 10, however, ours are internal...along with everyone else in NSW.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Done mine. Ranked 1st in 2 unit maths, ext 1 maths and SDD. Don't have the rest back yet.

I'll upload the papers when I get them back.

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
mine start tommorrow .. no the papers arent "external" but some schools may have the same ones e.g. cathlic trials, westside etc

standup

HSC
yeh, im from newcastle and my mate in bathurst sat the exact same english preliminary exam. Ive got eng and chem the next 2 days, so im just wondering if anyone has sat the ec, pd or bio.?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
standup said:
yeh, im from newcastle and my mate in bathurst sat the exact same english preliminary exam. Ive got eng and chem the next 2 days, so im just wondering if anyone has sat the ec, pd or bio.?
Sometimes past papers get used...or the different departments buy "packages" of exams.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Done mine. Ranked 1st in 2 unit maths, ext 1 maths and SDD. Don't have the rest back yet.

I'll upload the papers when I get them back.
you are so modest aren't you slide rule dear.

No, ours are in week 10, nfi what you mean by ext exams, ours are set by our teachers luckily. I remember last year....we got a mapping grid and all. :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Immodest? My school's faculties (excluding religion and English) just bought papers. That's why they were all piss easy. Nothing immodest about saying you did well in an easy paper. One would hope all would do well in such papers. It is no indicator of how well I would go in a hard paper and I am slightly annoyed because of that.

NeDiOu$

Papers

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has any papers from the preliminary exams yet? Get back to me, twud be great for revision thanks.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Um. Problem is that past papers for, like, English are useless, physics and chem - I've already written on them.

Maths is really the only one I can upload, and even for that all I have is a long, component A test (easy if you know the formulae - no component B or problem solving). My 3u test is certainly a bit different - it favoured componenet B and was harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)