Has anyone received an acceptance notice for the edutest for Baulko or Jr? (1 Viewer)

NervousPanda

HSC
maybe it might come tomorrow. it wasn't a generic email as it has my parents name and my name in the email, so i assume they have to send one by one. or it might be the overall portfolio incl extra-curricular or maybe what exact % the person had within each tests. i am only guessing thb.
Thanks for trying to comfort me. Im not really hopeful. Mum said we've got an interview with a top 30 girls private school in mid September. Guess im looking forward to that.

Yes99

HSC
Thanks for trying to comfort me. Im not really hopeful. Mum said we've got an interview with a top 30 girls private school in mid September. Guess im looking forward to that.
congrats! and you have plenty of time to prepare for it as well.

shixuans

HSC
Is this for going i to year 11 tho? Cos I've heard from my tutoring that a guy from my current school got into Baulko yr 11 a while back. So that's def possible.
yes it is!!! there's no reason for it to be different for any other year - in fact, you'd think that schools would logically have tighter regulation for y11 given theres much less time to adapt to changes, catch up with the workload and socially acclimatise on top of everything else.

yes, i am a baulko and/or ruse student......sigh (i really dont want to put this on BOS but if it makes you feel better.)

stnd08

HSC
yes it is!!! there's no reason for it to be different for any other year - in fact, you'd think that schools would logically have tighter regulation for y11 given theres much less time to adapt to changes, catch up with the workload and socially acclimatise on top of everything else.

yes, i am a baulko and/or ruse student......sigh (i really dont want to put this on BOS but if it makes you feel better.)
being socially acclimated is something that you have to really consider though. You have to make sure you find a good friend group that will encourage you and push you to try harder (sounds cringe but its true) within a short period of time. It makes you consider whether it is worth transferring.

shixuans

HSC
being socially acclimated is something that you have to really consider though. You have to make sure you find a good friend group that will encourage you and push you to try harder (sounds cringe but its true) within a short period of time. It makes you consider whether it is worth transferring.
schools usually hv a buddy system & transfer mentoring programs, so you won't need to do it on ur own
personally at top 2~ schools (since this thread is asking baulko and/or ruse) there definitely are slackers but most people will push you to study - you wont need to specifically go looking for people to encourage you - most friend groups are "good friend groups" for studying, helping, sharing resources and accountability - you need to consider whether they can support you emotionally instead, which is not always the case

most of those who transfer in y9 socially integrate very well. it's a lot harder for year 11.

NervousPanda

HSC

Haha, you mean YOU were the one that got in?! Gratz! Idk if i will try again in Yr 10 going into Yr 11 if im transferring to a private school. That will be a new school every 2 years!

NervousPanda

HSC
Btw, anyone know if baulko is emailing out their interviews before the end of September release of results? Or they're not having interviews and we will know straight up we get a spot or not come 22nd September

shixuans

HSC
Haha, you mean YOU were the one that got in?! Gratz! Idk if i will try again in Yr 10 going into Yr 11 if im transferring to a private school. That will be a new school every 2 years!
In spite of the detail given, not me sorry...
Multiple close friends though, could give you an overview of their experiences if everything goes well for you. Dm me if you end up getting into either school

Sethio

HSC
from what ik from previous yrs, baulko will send a physical letter to ur house if u get accepted and an email if u do not get accepted
Do you know whether this is for the interview stage as well? If they want to organise interviews wouldn't it make more sense to send it by email due to a possible time rush? I could see the point in sending the outcome by mail but I don't see a reason to send an interview opportunity by mail.

amy2181

HSC
Do you know whether this is for the interview stage as well? If they want to organise interviews wouldn't it make more sense to send it by email due to a possible time rush? I could see the point in sending the outcome by mail but I don't see a reason to send an interview opportunity by mail.
yeahhh im not sure if they even do interviews, i think its just straight up yes or no. it also doesnt say on their website whether or not they do interviews. maybe email/call the school for more clarification??

amy2181

HSC
from what ik from previous yrs, baulko will send a physical letter to ur house if u get accepted and an email if u do not get accepted
I TAKE THIS BACK baulko is only doing emails this yr

amy2181

HSC
Where did you find out this information?
baulko sent out an email for the edutest results and it said they'd email whether or jot an applicant is successful or not via email on sep 22

Sethio

HSC
Icic. I wonder whether they would hold an interview. I know a few people who have had to do interviews, which would obviously be 2-3 weeks earlier than the Sep 22 release date.

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
Icic. I wonder whether they would hold an interview. I know a few people who have had to do interviews, which would obviously be 2-3 weeks earlier than the Sep 22 release date.
oh our profile pics are pretty similar whats up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)